Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Giveintowin

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Giveintowin

  1. Nice post. I still get craves even though there are people out there who say it isn't craves. To me it seems the same as a crave. Nice story about your Dad. I have a sadder version. My Mum had a heart attack at 38. Quit smoking for one year then started again. She got sick shortly after this with a crippling disease and died of lung cancer. So yeah it does kill if we keep doing it but we can be healthy and have longevity if we quit. Great message there and the chart is good.
  2. This is so true. I used to hate it when anyone quit when I smoked. It was like it rubbed my face in how bad I was to smoke and not to be able to stop.
  3. Goodluck with your surgery and congrats on quitting.
  4. I remember 20 years ago I quit smoking in my twenties. I was feeling so lonely one night that I rang a friend. I told her I had quit and she said, “once a smoker, always a smoker”. This was very undermining. It played in my mind and when I had that first smoke I was so disappointed but thought “I was a smoker” and couldn’t help do it. I stay away from such people now and won’t let this sort of stuff undermine me now.
  5. 6 weeks is a nice number. Congrats. Keep going.
  6. Thanks Jo. I'm on the coastal part of Sydney so I'm not in the west where the bushfires are. It's been very smoky however.
  7. We've just had an Indian summer in Sydney, where we are half way through Autumn (Fall) and am getting summer temps of 35 degrees Celsius. It's been very nice but now will have winter soon unfortunately.
  8. I'm checking out goat yoga online. LMAO at this but the goats are sooo cute.
  9. Rest up. I hope the rest helps.
  10. Downward bunny or up bunny.
  11. I'm contemplating getting a dishwasher (non-human type) so I don't have to wash up anymore.
  12. Have a nice holiday.
  13. This is a pretty common smoking dream. I think it's your brain trying to catch up. I can't help you with recurring dreams since I haven't had them.
  14. This is a nice post. It rolls off the tongue, never, ever, forever.
  15. It is what it is. That’s all. ?
  16. The Canadians are probably dying in 30 deg Celsius weather. Are you Canadian reciprocity?
  17. Hey thanks Jillar and all you lovely peeps who responded. I trudging through these craves to freedom. I imagine it would be twice as hard without support.
  18. NOPE! Trudging the road to freedom, one NOPE at a time.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.