Another day on the Wall

Opah

Been fighting with this Fatigue and weakness,  last couple days its been to home from work in the shower and in to bed.  woke up very groggy this morning but once I got warmed up and to work this V8 was purring like a kitten, up and running even had some pep to my step.

So as much as it hurts me I have taken a weekend off. no Ranch, no Refuge, no, no, no  just the couple things I have at home to do and loving on the wife.

Going to sleep in, roll over and sleep a little more.

But I am still getting the blood work done and some more after I see my MD,  too many things going on right now, new meds, out of Vitamins, vehicles Jacking up and not slowing down even thought I should or need to.

The Positive is I'm not thinking about smoking, in fact that side of my mind has pretty much been very quiet, that long ass drive I was so worried about came in to be not a huge trial.  Once when the roads were closed and I had to take it to the Back country dirt roads and over the hills but that died so very easily with a NOPE a smoke would not make a difference to myself.     Just need to get back to being OPAH loving life and the Family

• Like 4

Some of your fatigue/weakness can be attributed to quitting smoking.

A bunch of us went through the 'fog' or rather, snoozed through the 'fog' for a while.

It passes.

Vitamins and your MD should sort you out.

Just know, it is all part of the process, the healing.

So glad you are posting and NOPE-ing and living your nicotine free life.  It's good, innit !

• Like 1

Your energy level will come back to normal soon. I was tired and half out of it quite a bit early in my quit. Kind of like being stoned off the 420.

I am no doctor but i would say try to avoid new medications if possible.

Quitting smoking IS a pretty huge adjustment and may not be the best time to add more meds into the mix. Your body is adjusting big time right now.

Now Opah - it is not like me to actually say polite things but here it goes anyways - Tomorrow. Friday is your exact three week mark. You cannot turn back to smoking now. You seem very serious about wanting to hang onto this Quit. I think you are going to be one of the ones who makes it to that "lido deck" (the year mark). There will be hard times along the way but you can make it. And whatever challenges come up that make you want to smoke, talk about it here. We can relate.

We all put hundreds of chemicals in our bodies for decades...our bodies are a little bit confused ,when we first quit...and for a while longer...

It takes time to adjust.... We are all different ,and this process will also be different...but eventually the magic happens....

Be patient with yourself...your healing every day...just remind yourself...what your achieving is life changing....

What ever your going through will be temporary....

Well today is starting a little slower than yesterday, not bad getting stuff done welding our OP back together.

Got up on time and had a little bit of Breakfast,  Just not able to Eat much lately except crap and I am avoiding that,

Trying anyways.

Functioning at a higher level than before, mind is a bit clearer, got back on some of my vitamins but really need to get back on track.

Hey Jet the New meds are the standard trio, Blood pressure, Cholesterol and sugar A1C, they usually stop the cholesterol after the first blood test.

These 3 things I will pay attention to, too much can get all screwed up by any one of them.  so may as well include them in my Body getting its self together and balanced process.

I do want to say and I think we all have at one point in time how much you all are appreciated, the strength, the reassurance, the motivation you guys supply and priceless and a Blessing  Thank you  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Damn right back into sloth mode ?  1/2 an hour and I am out of here, get paid a hour to shop pick up parts and drive home.

guess that is it for the day, No smoke alerts, no major craves, just call me  MOLASSES

Edited by Opah
  • Confused 1

Your energy will come back. You won't even notice right away when it does cause it is not real sudden.

You know how we get tired a lot when we are sick? Just the body trying to use most of it's energy to heal itself which is exactly what is going on when we quit.

If you read those "what happens when you quit smoking" charts, you notice the vast majority of changes happen early on, especially the first month.

This may or may not sound encouraging but by the end of this month, you should be in full swing. Maybe beforehand but when it happens, you won't really notice except at some moment you will think, "Hey, I feel pretty good!" By then, you won't even remember the sluggish you feel now.

Edited by Jetblack

Good by me, next weekend I'll be at the Refuge, recycling 12 foot Diameter Aluminum Radar dishes and the weekend after that back to the Ranch for mostly Hunting.   I would be nice to be able to head to the top meadows to hunt instead of the lower ones.

Got my blood work started this morning in at 4:45am and out by 5am. love it when you don't stand in lines !  IN OUT and ON to the next topic.

for arising at 3am I do feel pretty good, but one can not under estimate the adrenaline that a big ass needle being shoved into your arm can generate.   Get some coffee and eats to keep motivated all should be well.

Thank you Jet

OK my Buddies and friends !  I was up and in the shower at 3am this morning, left the house at 4am and drove to the lab to get Blood drawn.

I really like this lab jus for this reason it opens at 5am but lets you in to get the paper started at 4:45.  

So I was in at 445 and on my way to work by 5:10,  on the clock at 520, Man I love not wasting any time.  so in a couple of days we will see if the meds made a difference, and if I am going to continue them.

smoking has taken a back seat to most of my life at the moment, not having serious craves or triggers, the worst is still driving but even it has diminished significantly.   I think being preoccupied with me feeling better and more energetic I haven't left much time for the wants or craves.

Yes I hear you !  "Don't get cocky locky"  there will be days you are not busy and have excess time on your hands !    By the way who says Cocky Locky  anyways ?  I have heard it  believe me it is not from me.   oh well back to the thought

Boredom, Boring are not in my vocabulary !   If my Father heard anyone of us say I bored there's nothing to do !  That was he's call to arms, there is always something to do he would say and sure enough we would be cleaning the garage or pick up dog poop or one of several unpleasant choirs.

So I will find something to do, lately sleep has been the  favorite, even My dynamo wife has been content laying with me earlier than normal.

This weekend will be full of fun stuff, my little goat needs another thermostat, the one I just put in has failed? (Piss me off)  

Come Hell or High water I am getting that fill plug out of my Yukons transfer case. after that I am free to play.

• Like 2

OK my friends time for me to go,  you be happy to know you will have Opah Silence until Monday Morning at 6:30 am when I return to Partake of all of your wisdoms and knowledge.      Later gators

• Like 1