Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Giveintowin

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Giveintowin

  1. Aww the piglets are so cute. I can’t bear to eat bacon.
  2. Congrats 2018 quitters. You’re all awesome. ?
  3. Sazarac, I love your novel quest. I personally believe that smoking is doing more to our brain/bodies than is commonly known. There are also a lot of diseases with high correlation to smoking. Yet in science correlation does not equal causation so these diseases aren’t listed as smoking related.
  4. I went hunting for Jillar and I think I might have found her
  5. Eww. That photo was a good find. I never smoked inside either. Shame about what it dies to lungs.
  6. Congrats PT. What a great accomplishment. I am waiting for the one year clean. Well done. It takes commitment.
  7. This post is a great reminder. I’m astounded at the foolish thoughts I get sometimes these days about how it would be safe now to have one cigarette. I’ve fallen for this before and blown quits and it’s taken years to get back to quitting. Great at post and good reminder Saz.
  8. I think what you’re doing now as in talking about it. Mentally preparing is really important when it comes to challenges with quitting. Well done. You’ve got this.
  9. I guess the body is being repeatedly hurt by smoking. Even if it’s not many. It’s still an insult to the tissues.
  10. Good find Saz. I always thought this but there wasn’t data or studies to show the link.
  11. Aww gee thanks. I just saw this thread this morning.
  12. Well done. This is how we quit.
  13. Nice post! Keep trying worked for me. ?
  14. Just one is such a con. Don't fall for it.
  15. Sorry you had a tough day with tough news. I’m on a diet for my autoimmune disease so I understand the struggle. Keep us up to date of what’s happening. And while this sucks, it would help me to remember (if I were in your situation) smoking won’t help at all but just make it worse.
  16. What keeps me from lighting up is that it starts the whole drama again. I have one then soon I want another one. If I don't let myself have another one I pine and tantrum (internally). Then my mind starts to fight with itself about why one is ok, just have one. Then I think about diseases. The diseases I already have and then the one's that are on their way if I smoke. Then I think of dying early or a nursing home. If I don't smoke it stops. the drama in my head stops once I get through the early phase of the quit.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.