Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reciprocity

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Reciprocity

  1. Yup - vape is not a viable alternative in my opinion. Quitting is tough sure but, the alternatives are tougher. Smoking related diseases is what I'm referring to. You keep vaping, and I say you will relapse to cigs at some point. If you don't feel you can handle cold turkey, look into some of the other alternatives like NRT gum, patched sprays etc. or a prescription medication to help you along in the early days. You can't just stick one toe in the water with this quitting thing, if you know what I mean. It's 100% commitment time! What's a few weeks of readjustment in the grand scheme of things? You're talking about taking back your freedom and perhaps saving your life. Let us help you along in this journey
  2. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    14
  3. Hey Raidermom! I remember you. What you up to these days?
  4. It's good to reflect like this every once in a while. Keeps us grounded to reality and what others are exposed to daily. Things we just take for granted all too often.
  5. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    12
  6. Hi Catchingup! I haven't been around here that long but I can tell you that my mother who quit probably 40 years ago told me every once in a while she still gets a thought popping into her head that she feels like having a smoke. She told me that laughingly because like you, she said it's just a weird, random thought that comes just for a moment then it's gone but it just goes to show you how powerful this addiction is and what it does to our brain. And congrats of your long term quit - that's awesome
  7. I know what @catlover is bringing
  8. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    6
  9. After all the struggles to get this party organized and off the ground, we have all pulled together for a common cause and our new ship is ready and being backed out of the build-barn as I speak Loading of food and drink is up next so everyone get their goodies onto the dock please. We should be right on schedule for a huge blow-out party
  10. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    3 Actually, I was referring to Tammy's post - lol I think she posted at the same moment as a stick, which often happens
  11. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    2 (I see the chicks need to brush up on their counting skills )
  12. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    4
  13. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    2
  14. I'm watching the Canadian Football League Championship Game. You know, the one nobody really cares about? (Including me). Beats watching the news I guess Right now, somebody is winning and it's NOT snowing (yet).
  15. Hey MissD! Look at you!! 1 1/2 years plus quit now Love it!!
  16. You see Leon ... what I said before about becoming active on this site? Wantsit is pretty new here but is already eager to help others that follow. This not only helps new people like yourself but will also help Wantsit to solidify their own quit. There's no down side to being active here. So much information and support. That has made the difference in many a quit Read all the Green Pinned Posts on the Quit Smoking Discussion page (top of the page there) and watch what ever Joel videos you think might help you understand this addiction and how quitting is very possible. Take it one day at a time for now. You'll do fine if you do this.
  17. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    OO where the chicks at?
  18. Glad things went well! Nice to not have to run out and light one up every once and a while right? One less thing to worry about!
  19. ^^^ I can only imagine being involved on the worker side - OMG!!!
  20. Reciprocity replied to bakon's topic in Games
    15
  21. Truth be told .... the vote was a little bias perhaps?
  22. Hi Leon! Welcome aboard the Quit Train If you are really serious about quitting then stick around here and learn all you can from the people who have all been successful at this quitting thing. Personal unwavering commitment, education about the smoking addiction you have and, support from other quitters are all key components to getting quit and staying quit. If you do stick around, participate regularly and make some new friends. This who process can be both challenging and fun at the same time. The most important thing to know is ...... it's totally possible for YOU to be successful
  23. ^^^ Yes! I have seen some of those Wally-Mart scuffles at the opening of the doors - my God! Do these people have no respect for their fellow mankind? Oh boy; sad!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.