Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sharonsiff

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sharonsiff

  1. Many congratulations to you, enjoy your day.
  2. Good plan Evelyn, like you said your friend will be around for comfort or distraction....if you need either. Sounds like you've covered all bases...great job.
  3. Morning Amy and Iam...just checking in to say hi, and good morning. Hope you both have a great day.
  4. Great job Amy....tomorrow just repeat what you did today...Nope...well done :)
  5. Sounds like a good plan Tiffany. I avoided telling my dad (we live 5 hours drive away) for months as he was very much to me, what your friend is to you...in this sense. Didn't need someone 'not believing' in me when I found I doubted myself some days. Do what you gotta do I say :)
  6. Morning Paula and welcome.
  7. Good morning everyone....Nope..... :)
  8. I see, gottcha I don't feel I need to get high though, or counselling just somethings not right....can feel it in my water..lol (never off the loo) I feel relaxed you see, already, and sleep like a baby. I can tell somethings a miss..... I'll get this sorted, operation sort this out ;)
  9. Glad you got through it Rowly, and a very happy Belated Birthday to you :) Smoke free one, even better ;)
  10. Congratulations Craig, hope you are well.
  11. I'm not saying you will for one minute...but....whatever you do don't envy them. I suspect my past failed attempts, around smokers, have been due to the envy. You don't envy them, you don't smoke so have a wonderful family time together :)
  12. 100% behind you Evelyn. Your quit and you know what you need to do to make it a successful quit. Very sensible choice, bad choice would have been to have smoked.
  13. I am normally one in this life too EB....a nutty one ;) In answer to you Sarge yes, mental illness is a disease. Have I got the disease, my doctor will be the one to decide. It will be interesting as, as EB said, when folk (me in this case) are full of energy and feeling upbeat and have been for 44 years, you have a good baseline, when things change inside you it alerts you, so you can take action. My change inself has nothing to do with the stresses and strains of being human, have had 44 years of practise of dealing with tragedy and joy....all part of life. The point is something is very off key in my usual human self, so, operation let's get to the bottom of it. Of course it might just be that my body chemistry has changed, with age maybe? If it is then fine, not a lot I can do but if it's not, and there is more to it then I will accept the doctors help in getting me back to my full time old cocker spaniel self.
  14. I'm so glad for her that she's feeling less fatigue Action...lol @ the chatting her up comment.
  15. Fabulous! What smells have you got burning....I am a scented candle maniac!
  16. Brilliant attitude, your doing a fabulous NOPE....as IADI....great work guys :)
  17. Food for me maybe, if no one minds.
  18. Brilliant...just brilliant...lol
  19. Good stuff Juan...day 3 already, brilliant to read.
  20. Thank you very much, very kind of you Marti and lovely to hear your symptoms are now all sorted out.
  21. Laughed at the 1D reference....;) That's good then for your wife Stu, so at least they have a plan to get to the bottom of what's behind her symptoms. I hope the HRT sorts things out , but, if it doesn't as least they have a plan b. Mine could well be menapousal as August my monthlys stopped and night sweats happened, just at the time the fatigue, weightloss and flat days started. It could be pure coincidence that stopping smoking and that starting was at the same time. My nightsweats stopped and periods came back in December....so all back to normal there. Maybe the other symptoms I still have are pre menopausal?...be great to find out and get things back to normal.
  22. Thank you for the hug Action, it was lovely. I do feel for you as when I think about it now Lee has said to me a few times, what's wrong, is it me? I always drew a blank in my answer. As it wasn't him, or anything...if that makes sense...it just was (or is when I get a day of it. So glad your wife has less episodes Action, must be a relief for you both. Did she get trrible fatigue Action? I just come over all drained that I must have 40 winks...no matter what. I will obviously just say to anyone reading I am in no way blaming this on stopping smoking, or should it be used by a reader as an excuse to stop. If anything make it more of a carrot to get you to stop....as you never know what the crap in cigarettes could be hiding and at least then you can get to the bottom of it, and sort it out with the health professionals....in a way that removes the risk of cancer etc.
  23. Thank you very much Tiffany and I hope your doctor has helped you get your anxiety under control.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.