Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sharonsiff

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sharonsiff

  1. It certainly worked for me, especially with my favourite music playing in my head phones. I absolutely, no doubt, used to section up my day by smoking (apart from easing the craving) as ridiculous as it sounds I felt lost. I also learned to just take five and have a glass of water. I'm really looking forward to your day, the day you realise that you haven't had time to even think about filling that time. It comes...
  2. Great post and one that should be bumped..often. So true about filling the time, can seem such an problem (if that's the right word) for a while. I found that when I felt lost I'd go for a walk, re ramp the kitchen cupboards and just set to in doing something. I think that's the thing...do something. You have my word that before long you will have naturally filled that time and it will be your new normal. Heads down and keep marching guys...it's so worth it.
  3. I will look forward to it Bakon.
  4. Dee the though of not needing a cigarette break, or counting the minutes till I can have one, that will be fabulous. It's going to be very mentally freeing, compared to the last time that I did the trip. Doreen it's going to be so much fun, we will be like two big very excited kids. Reci I know, I will owe you a cocktail...one of these days we will sit and enjoy one. I will do Aruba, I have no doubt, but I just wanted to get another visit to the Mouse out of my system. Had such an amazing time, last visit, that it seemed the right choice as our first holiday without the girls. Will be too busy to be brooding over them. We are staying right near Disney World in Lake Buena Vista. Bakon we arrive on the 3rd of September 2018 and leave on the 17th. I'm very excited and can't quite believe that I'm actually going back. My favourite holidays are the American ones...they seem to know how to treat their tourists just a pity it's so far, and expensive, or I'd be hitting the USA every year.
  5. Completely went off the rails and booked Florida, for next year, instead of Aruba. Very excited of course and very glad I'm going as a non smoker. Last time the nine hour flight was pure hell! I can remember thinking what the hell was I thinking, booking such a long flight as a smoker. Can also remember planning to hit every single smoking allowed area, in the parks. So selfish as my family were stood around waiting, while I got my fix. I am so grateful to be going back (last there in 2009) and even more so happy to be doing it as a non smoker this time. Not smoking is actually paying most towards it too. I tend to take it all for granted now really, as four years this June, but I was just looking at the WDW maps and saw the symbol for the smoking areas...reminded me of last visit and made me grateful that I got my head out of my arse and quit.
  6. Congratulations... remember the days were you couldn't imagine going a whole day not smoking, before the quit? Well look at you now, past all that crap and a year done. Free forever so pleased and very proud for you...you really have only gone and done it.
  7. Almost there....
  8. I'm overjoyed that she shared with me, can't even explain it really. She seems a lot happier too, which I suspected she would once she'd told people, must feel like a huge weight of worry off her young shoulders. Thanks Stuart xx
  9. I'm in.... I'm quickly running out..... Boys give the floor a sweep for goodness sake, just checked the toilets too...get em sorted. I'm going before I'm asked to do both.
  10. Joe it looks fabulous! Enjoy every single minute as I'm sure you will.
  11. Congratulations I can feel it in my bones that you've got this, that this is your sticky one time only quit. So very pleased for you, will treat you to a cocktail to celebrate if I see you in Aruba, next October.
  12. I quite like my FB simply because it keeps me in visual touch with my family, and friends, back up North. Mine is just used as countdown queen base, for the next holiday all paid for courtesy of not smoking. Oh and I might share the odd fab recipes I find. I find the post this, say Amen, luck is coming your ones a huge pain in the backside. And please, I don't want to see videos of youths beating on others (while being filmed) show the police quick smart, not me as there's not a thing I can do.
  13. Patch on and crack on...if necessary pop a patch over your mouth if needs must...anything but just Do Not Smoke Evelyn.
  14. Thank you so, you've been extremely helpful. Hopefully I might just bump into you there October, when I'm out mooching about, if we are there at the same time I will treat you both to a cocktail. That's great feedback on the Rui, I was drawn to that one(adults only too) so it's just a matter of waiting to book now, can't wait. The all inclusive sounds perfect for us, with take plenty of money for nightly meals out, but at least the other two meals are covered. We looked at cruise holidays too, so much choice! I suspect that will be our 2019 trip....just a matter of deciding which one. Thanks again I have really enjoyed chatting with you and appreciate all you help xx
  15. So true.... you can start off with little things then as time passes, and the money you've not wasted grows, you can reward yourself with fabulous holidays, updates on your home the list is endless reallly. The lipsticks, if your a woman, soon turn into new luggage sets for holidays with time.
  16. https://youtu.be/FSnAllHtG70
  17. Good job I'm not a travel agent! I'd be booking us here, there and everywhere..lol If you get a chance would you mind asking her opinion on the Rui Atlantis hotel. I'd have much preferred B&B and that's AI. However to travel and board, on packages from the auK if going say this year, it would cost slightly less to go to the Rui than go on a B&B board in a different hotel, along the high rise stretch. I'm thinking go there and just use for breakfast, any drinks if we are pool/beach based then go out for dinner each night, obviously lunch too if I'm off mooching about. From Trip Advisor reviews it reads up to suit our needs, even has a nightclub if I fancy a boogie, it would be great though to get the ok from someone in the know.
  18. Oh yes, as you say, no more of the climbing the walls for a smoke now. I've done long haul, in the past after the smoking ban. Oh my life I have to be honest it was hellish. Prices come out in April, for next year, so we are hoping to book mid to late October. Get a bit of Summer weather during our Autumn season. Oh I will slap of my sun factor, no problem, have had enough bright red shoulders in the past...lesson learned there. I've read it very windy and that's helpful in the heat, perfect for me as I don't bode well, as I've got older, sitting there far too hot. I'm really very excited for April the 20th so that I can book up. It's great because I've still got my family getaway, to Tenerife, in July this year...helps pass the time while I wait for Aruba.
  19. Sorry I think I've caused confusion I meant Palm beach area of Aruba. Oh that's good to hear that you rate it. Have been doing lots of research and visitors seem to call it the Happy Island, I like the sound of that, also it would seem it gets year after year repeat visits from the same people. Does sound wonderful and the YouTube videos, that I've watched, make it look just what I'm looking for. We got into the habit, for the last four years, of keep going back to our beloved Tenerife. It just feels like time to shake it up, make new memories in new places. I'm not too keen on the long flight, from the UK, but from what I've read and watched it looks like it will be worth it. Thanks very much for taking time out, with your review.
  20. Am able to book next years holiday in April..can't wait! Stopping smoking is just funding trip, after trip...best thing I ever did. Obviously distance wise it's more your way, than mine, so I wondered have any of you guys been to Aruba, Palm Beach? If you did how did you rate it. I'm looking for beautiful beaches, to stroll along, fabulous food, delicious cocktails and places to go and explore. Be very exciting as it's just Lee and I that trip, girls have told us this years Tenerife is their last one..with us oldies. Oh to be that age again, going solo and exploring the world. Just like I'm going to start doing again without them...wink...
  21. I will smile Bakon... I laughed too, at your post (wink)
  22. Thanks Petra, that's my view too. Love, laughter and lots of support when needed.
  23. I think that's my general feeling too, one life, one crack at it so don't waste it and live it how you need to.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.