Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sharonsiff

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sharonsiff

  1. I can remember my elders telling me that, they said that you were also so grateful to get an orange in your stocking. Doreen Roller Stakes..fab present. Got mine at twelve, mind mine were Roller boots (for my birthday) I would imagine I was Torval and Dean (ice skaters) but on stakes..rollling round the pavements. Wasn't it fab when we played out, I want to be able to play out again...lol
  2. Merry Christmas guys...won't be long now. Have a fabulous time with those you love, and great food.
  3. Awww how lovely and fab thinking to add the cat food too, I can imagine you thinking..cat food, don't think so..lol
  4. I've just thought of another omg I'm so lucky, can't believe it present. My beloved Tiny Tears dolly, oh I so loved playing mummy to my dolls. It's so funny as one of my grandparents died have a telephone, didn't want one. So my grandparents wouldn't know what the other was getting me. That year I got two Tiny Tears dolls..twins...went on to have twins, at least I'd had a good few years practise. Was so lucky too as both my nannies would knit the dolls clothes.
  5. Good choice not smoking...fabulous choice.
  6. sharonsiff replied to Evelyn's topic in Off The Record
    You know what's frustrating, as somebody following your quit journey? That you went through that very aggressive encounter (with your ex) and you sailed through it in truth. Then today you turn up informing us that you're stoned and have smoked. It beggars belief really.
  7. sharonsiff replied to Evelyn's topic in Off The Record
    Honestly Evelyn what a silly thing to do. I don't understand you want to quit then put yourself in that position, were you actually did...crazy, just crazy. When I wanted to lose my weight late Summer, which I did, I was serious and removed any temptation and avoided going out for meals. Sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do to reach your goal/target. Seriously get your head out yer arse and take this quitting lark seriously.
  8. Just think the Christmas jumper won't still of stale cigs..best Christmas jumper ever!
  9. Brilliant Evelyn keep up the good work.
  10. Thanks Evelyn, it's so very sad now as I've lost trust in my doctor. They are tough cookies...I'm very proud.
  11. Proud of you too...keep safe and hopefully you will be re housed early next year, or the aggressive trouble makers will be gone. I can tell you feel secure as had you not been that would have seemed like your perfect example to say "was too stress, I smoked" so well done on being so determined and mentally strong not to.
  12. Will do, and I'd meet you then I can hold your gun...not shoot it mind you, just have a hold.
  13. Thank you and they sure are.
  14. That's a lovely gift and as you say hopefully one you can pass on. Mine was a record player, early eighties, really love music so to be able to play my own choice of music was just wonderful. I was so happy and so grateful.
  15. Thanks both Doreen and Joe, you're right Joe they do...too fast.
  16. My girls will be seventeen already, honestly doesn't seem five minutes ago since they were seven. Both happy hard working young ladies, both have got Saturday jobs. Will both be working over the Christmas period, and their birthday, which will seem strange them not being around. Both had a great year as they had their GCSE exams, in Summer, worked hard and both got eleven GCSE passes each. So proud and pleased about their work ethic. Lucy was finally diagnosed with Thyroid issues late Summer, after me having a few run ins with the doctor. Bloods revealed the problem, on medication and now like a totally different person...amazing. Guys, don't be fobbed off by your doctor, like I was for years, the old 'it's a teenage thing' Both starting driving lessons next year..gulp...excited for them though too. Love them both so much and just can't believe where the years have gone.
  17. sharonsiff replied to sharonsiff's topic in Socializing
    Joe, I got slightly excited when I saw her stock levels..lol.. That will be me soon, no doubt. I even had a look on Pinterest and saw lots of recipe ideas, mixing different scents, like a scented cocktail. Like you I never smoked indoors, so am lucky that my house didn't ever have that stale smoke smell. The house would be fragranced with Yankee, at night, of if I remembered to have a spray round. I just find these miles better and the fragrance seems quality in strength. Really pleased with the purchase. Joe we are getting on FAB with Tassimo coffee maker too.Although I'm not drinking more, and only have one fancy one a day, it really is a pleasure when I have it...another good purchase.
  18. Babs when you next speak would you tell her well done, from me, on her first of many smoke free Christmas' .. I never doubted her this quit.
  19. sharonsiff replied to sharonsiff's topic in Socializing
    Popped round to the consultant's house, after work, and purchase five Scentsy bars for £20 (Each bar contains eight blocks) My home smells amazing! I know they are more expensive than the ones I picked up but I can smell the difference in quality. Went for... Vanilla Bean Butter cream (currently in the kitchen) Spiced Pear (currently in the living room) Spiced Berries (conservatory) It's an absolute pleasure to walk into each room...just beautiful. I have also picked up Candied Pomergranate and Cozy Chai, will look forward to those getting a turn in a few days. So lovely, to have treats like this, now I no longer waste money on killing myself.
  20. It sure can...unload...get it out...then crack on with the day. Off to start my working day, have a good one.
  21. I don't think she will this time Evelyn.
  22. Off to bed now but before I go I just wanted to say another smoke free day done....good job. Hope that you have a restful sleep and a lie in tomorrow too.
  23. You really should treat yourself Stew, you've not wasted all that money on cigs so be lovely if you get to reap the reward. I hope you do....
  24. How exciting! I will look forward to you reporting how you're getting on. As you it's great that we can treat ourselves isn't it.
  25. sharonsiff replied to sharonsiff's topic in Socializing
    What fragrance have you currently got on the go Babs?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.