Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sharonsiff

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sharonsiff

  1. Awww Marti, it must be torture watching someone you love struggling. If only we had a ruddy magic wand. Keep yer chin up mate and post on here to express how you feel, might help hopefully. I know you know this Marti....but...no matter what remember your quit must come first. Please don't hate me for saying that Marti and I only say it because I don't want you to feel you are quitting for both of you....as much as I know you would give anything to do. I really will be thinking of you both, give us an update tomorrow. Such a shame she doesn't want to join although I can understand folk are too private, or proud, to expose themselves on the Internet. Tomorrow's a new day....as they say. You still sound as solid as a rock in your quit Marti...good for you. :)
  2. Aine....what did you do today/treat yourself to today? Mine was keeping dry not darting to the garage in between the downpour of rain. No damp stinky Shazza today.
  3. Don't tempt me...rofl...;)
  4. I'm glad you're both ok Marti...was thinking of you both. Xx
  5. I remember reading a chapter about this in the Allen Carr book Bonnie, Ex Smokers chapter. He talks about the negative effects of both holier than thous and whingers. My dad was a whinger and to be honest it effected me terribly. He's my dad, I totally trust my parents, so if he said it was hell it must be....or so I thought! Like you I found the first few months no picnic Bonnie but I just trusted other people that it does soon start to feel very different and realised my dad didn't have the last word of quitting smoking. I see now my dad was confusing a real body crave with a thought, a reminder/trigger. You just wonder how many people throw away a quit through the influence of others, especially if the are people with no confidence in themselves and are relying on feedback from others. My dad sadly went back to smoking after a 4 year quit.
  6. Marti....how's things? How you getting on? How's your mum getting on?
  7. I quit smoking as I need the vicious cycle to stop.
  8. A very warm welcome to you, you're in good hands here and it's great that you're all good to get free on Wednesday. We will be here cheering you on :)
  9. Soozie I have no suggestions as hubby is a non smoker. I have every confidence in you that no matter what you will Nope each day and keep your promise to yourself, you stike me as a woman who keeps her word. I bet you can't wait to see him!...how exciting, I get excited when Lee comes home for a 12 hour night shift..lol. ;)
  10. I am so made up that I am free I notice something every day. Today it's pouring down and I no longer need to dart to the garage, to scratch my itch/smoke, and get soaking wet.
  11. Hello Amy and welcome...so glad that you're here as being here really will help you and your sticky quit. Looking forward to chatting to you. :)
  12. Congratulations on your decision to quit...no-one will judge your posting skills here MHK so don't let that stop you joining in. I'm pretty pants on the computer too if that makes you feel more comfortable posting.
  13. Me too...lol..
  14. Brilliant entry Evelyn...so proud of you...you won and kept your NOPE promise you made yourself.
  15. Oh Annael that was a fabulous trip down memory lane....one word for you Annael....pockets! ;)
  16. A nap sounds like a good idea Evelyn....so proud that you shopped and didn't make a purchase...excellent job. I am so sorry that you are going through this emotional turmoil Evelyn, I really am. Just vent and share with us, it might help just to get it out.
  17. You know....she might find reading Allen Carr's Easy Way helpful Marti. She's scared, so, at least she can smoke while reading it...as per book instruction....she might find she can relate to him? It's worth a try due to her current fear....at least it removes the fear and exposes the truth about smoking. Unless of course she has already read it? Mind you if she has no harm in reading it again.
  18. Oh my goodness...mind you...once bitten, twice shy.
  19. Loving a bit of Olivia Newton John.... http://youtu.be/MtNzEfFUHF4
  20. Many congratulations to you Nancy.
  21. Good stuff Evelyn...congratulations :)
  22. Brilliant, just brilliant.....congratulations.
  23. Congratulations Donna....I look forward to celebrating your two months milestone, with you.
  24. Many congratulations to you Doreen.
  25. sharonsiff replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Awww....I hope you get back off to sleep soon.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.