Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sharonsiff

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sharonsiff

  1. A bit of Essex .....Faces nightclub....them were the days!
  2. sharonsiff replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    I'm up and off to do a bit more Boney M....painter (wo)man....as much as I'd love to chillax and be on here that paint brush is calling me...laters....and have a great day everyone.
  3. A great big NOPE from a wet Essex.
  4. Hopefully they will Evelyn.
  5. AWWW yes, fish fingers and custard...lol Took me ages to adjust to be honest. I just loved the whole David Tennant, Rose Tyler and then Donna...just tv heaven to me. When Donna and her grandad left the show I was gutted...just justed. Mind you I then started to love Amy and Rory. Just love this show so much.
  6. You must be pleased as punch to have not given into the thoughts Soozie, so proud of you. It isn't easy when that thought process starts is it? I can remember it well. I promise you this though Soozie, that time changes all of that and the thoughts have no power or stop altogether....I promise....as I say, so proud of you...go and treat yourself to those expensive sunglasses ;)
  7. Brilliant post Markus....it reaches out to people....a cyber version of 'come on, I'll hold your hand if you need me to'...just what folk might need at times.
  8. Thank you very, very much Markus. :)
  9. Quit smoking, quit smoking withdrawal symptoms.
  10. Hopefully you will be waking up soon to a much better day ahead.
  11. I have been treating myself to a shrub or a patio plant pot every other day....having a blast spending money on treats...guilt free :)
  12. Great post Aine....like you say it makes you accountable for your actions, seals your commitment.
  13. I'll say we do Babs...with bells on ;)
  14. When I get a whiff it smells like a chemical cocktail to me....worse though on people, smells like stale chemicals. Our poor families put up with that, bet it used to turn their stomach.
  15. Ten years ago I have a fabulous quit going and I blew it :( So embarrassed about this but feel comfortable here, to share. My doctor recommended I try Zyban, so I did. I'll be honest I went two weeks using it (at the start point) than normal but my doctor was fine, was just glad I was trying again. Woke up one day, about four weeks in and just didn't want to smoke! Could. Not. Believe. It! The run up had been smoked less and it started to leave a talcum powder feel to my mouth, hard to explain, just strange and totally pants. So cracked on, got on with my life...no cravings not a single withdrawal....just unbelievable. Four weeks in and I was so sure I would never even fancy a cig again I bought ten, to have one, to prove to myself I was right to think this. Well you can imagine the rest....it tasted pants, took three pulls and put it out..but the damage, for me, was done. :( Started to think...well be a waste to waste the other 9, paid good money, they are not cheap. The rest is history....what a fool....to this day I still can't believe I even thought to test my theory. Thankfully, this sticky quit is different, I have no reason to test myself and just overjoyed that I am where I am in my quit....solid both mentally and physically. Like I say never have just one...never test yourself....been there, done that and sadly got the t shirt.
  16. Dear Sharon You are kidding right! Like you REALLY want to go through both physical and mental detox again...get real! If you're reading this I am very sad as I don't know what could possibly have happened for you to contemplate sending yourself back to the prison of smoking. Go pop your favourite records on...go have a dance...just, whatever you do don't smoke you buffoon.... Love Sharon xx
  17. This really is the most friendly, helpful and none judgemental forum you will find guys....seriously. If you've quit and are finding it tricky jump in....if you are thinking about quiting, jump in...talk it through with everyone....you'll be glad you did ;)
  18. Thanks Leah....will give it a go after dinner....non egg dinner ;)
  19. Tut...oh yeah....pants!....no matter...I'm still running, just in case.
  20. No....didn't work, no matter I'll keep practising.
  21. I love to cross stitch Disney characters and here is one of my favourites, two beautiful dogs. Fingers crossed it works. http://www.4freeimagehost.com/show.php?i=PUSH4c6096aae91a.jpg
  22. Oh Julie I love your photos...post more! Loving all but especially the bathroom, the colour, the clean lines....heaven to my eyes...just beautiful.
  23. Classic, dancing heaven
  24. I'm made up for you too. ;)
  25. Thanks forvthe tip Marti! Running as fast as my little legs will carry me...lol

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.