Everything posted by Sirius
-
Make A Sentence from 5 Letters
Tantalizing aasvogel swooned toward entropy. xylan
-
Make A Sentence from 5 Letters
Grilled Rutabaga entertained empty tummy. Yells
-
Sirius Celebrates Six Years of Freedom
Thanks folks. Don't ever quit quitting.
-
The Covid-19 playlist
"Bee Gees - Stayin Alive" comes to mind. "BOC's - Don't Fear the Reaper" has a darker message. ..and of course there is PITCH BLACK..."Ring a Ring o' Roses" When things get uncertain and scary my fall back song has always been...
-
Time for a Bonfire !!!!
Let me find my calculator. I can't count past twenty without unzipping my fly. lets see...pack a day for six years...twenty smokes to a pack...ummm... Somewhere north of 43,000 smokes ($15,000) would be a rough guess.
-
Why is everyone only recommending cold turkey method here ?
There are countless justifications for failure whereas victory needs no excuse.
-
Know any funny jokes or quotes ..
- Describe your sex life with a movie title....
- Know any funny jokes or quotes ..
- Know any funny jokes or quotes ..
- Know any funny jokes or quotes ..
- Daily counter, my journey
You cannot 99% quit. Intellectually this is easy to understand. Emotionally...its very difficult to come to grips with. The commitment needs to be total. No breaks on the weekends. No time off for good behavior. You must be in it to win it. Total immersion. 24 X 7- Daily counter, my journey
Keep grinding AK47. There will come a day when you forget to count a day.- Daily counter, my journey
AK, Keep up the good fight. It takes time and there is no substitute for time. You can try and ignore it, or endure it, or even embrace it. You can just about anything but run away from it. Because the cravings are a part of you. The slow march of time as you carry abstinence with you will be the shades of change you hope for. Abstinence is a heavy burden in the beginning. One day it will be wind beneath your wings. The pain is transitory. The freedom is for the rest of your life.- Quit Train is 6 years old !!!!!
A Happy Birthday to the QTrain! I tip my hat to Doreensfree for making something beautiful and for all the mods and members who contribute to breaking the chains of addiction. Well done.- What are you doing right now
I've got a metric ton of coffee and all the telework I can handle.- I feel like smoking a cigarette since my exams are over , please help !!
OMG I thought that tree was Godzila! Gotta clean my glasses more. On another note, Good Show Sunshine. Every day make the quit (and you) that much stronger.- I feel like smoking a cigarette since my exams are over , please help !!
Early on in my quit I found all sorts of associations with smoking that would trigger cravings. Every time I did NOT smoke I would be reinforcing proper behavior and the cravings would diminish. Even after some years of not smoking I can uncover an association that will have me thinking about a cigarette. Last time this happened I had finished climbing up a rather large hill. As I surveyed the natural vista of wonderment I couldn't help but think that a smoke break would be nice. Keep in mind I don't hike up mountainsides on a daily basis but when I did I always had a smoke. ...and that is how, even after a few YEARS into quitting, I can think about a smoke. Anyhow, I had a hip flask of brandy so instead of lighting up, I guzzled down. These triggers are like mental landmines of cravings we associated an activity with smoking. Every time we perform the activity without smoking we lessen the association.- having a SOS day
Stay busy tony950. Don't give yourself time to dwell on it. Go for a walk or work the punching bag.- Rush: Have a Cigar ...
I wish Mr. Limbaugh good fortune though I regret this will, most likely, only be a wish. The casualty statistics of smoking are as pitiless as they are remorseless. Of some, small consolation being he has the courage to share his misfortune. His example may yet prove the inspiration for others to quit.- No Man's Land
Not sure if I was in No man's land but I did experience "The Grind" for a few weeks. This too shall pass....- Chest pain/shortness of breath after quitting
Tylers1027, Thanks for posting about this. I had similar issues and eventually had a chest x-ray to confirm everything was on the up and up. Your symptoms are probably just part of the healing process but if its worth your peace of mind, complain to your doctor and request they take a peek inside.- I was desperate !!
The higher the price the sweeter the prize. When the price is paid in agony & doubt the payoff becomes a treasure. You do not quit. You change...habits, perspectives, values. "Change is painful, but nothing is as painful as being stuck somewhere you don't belong." - Mandy Hale "Change is never painful. Only the resistance to change is painful" - Siddhartha Gautama <== I like this quote but I've not evolved far enough to walk that way.- Post a Song you Like
Two commentators nailed it. Adam Watkins3 years ago Two men who get turned into monsters by war and keep fighting until there is no humanity left in them. Dang that's sad but this song was really awesome! EnochTheSpaceman1 year ago This song is amazing! And I love this video so much. The British pilot is fighting for his love, the German is fighting for his faith, both are trapped in this war that isn't theirs. They realize they can't make it home and there is no victory to be had. Love is lost and faith is broken. All that is left is sadness that turns to hatred. It's such a sad and powerful message.- "But I enjoyed smoking!"
While we enjoyed smoking, smoking enjoyed us... - Describe your sex life with a movie title....
Important Information
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.