Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

El Bandito

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by El Bandito

  1. Seems so simple. It is Accept 3 things 1. Smoking does nothing for you. 2. Noone else can quit for you 3. Noone else ever puts a cigarette in your mouth, lights it and forces you to smoke it. If you accept these 3 things and decide that you are no longer going to put things in your mouth and set fire to them - you HAVE quit. Only you can start again. And that is a choice.
  2. Relapsing is a crime. It is a crime against yourself. By quitting, you have freed yourself from the most dangerous, addictive and lethal addiction on the planet. Why would you go back to that? Why? Discovering the answer to that question is both the reason that there are relapses and the reason that they can be defeated. I firmly believe that once you truly understand the nature of the addiction then you can beat the addiction. Examining why you would relapse, working out what it is that convinced you to put the noose back on - will ultimately ensure you quit for good. I believe that there are different ways to quit - always will be - but ultimately I believe that understanding the addiction is by far the easiest way to quit and stay quit. I certainly would never judge anyone for relapsing. Might I post that I am disappointed? Yep - but ultimately, I come here because I want to support people in getting rid of this addiction.
  3. How did I miss this? 700 Days? Awesome
  4. Poor old Canadians! eh?
  5. Never seen in the same room..... just sayin'
  6. 0729 time for shower
  7. El Bandito replied to Ladybug's topic in Socializing
    There you are - Gazebos all round....see if you can get him to buy a Ferrari for the hamster. Then ........
  8. Absolutely - gay as a Lord (or Laird in my case) Means happy and chirpy :P
  9. Hehe! Whereas you guys have World championships in games that only you play! Gotta like those odds.
  10. El Bandito replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -13
  11. Sounds nice Aine. Lots of 'triggers' are much worse in anticipation than reality, I find.
  12. Well done You! And well done "Fashion Consultants". Have a great week!
  13. A Laird. Scottish term for Lord. I am El Bandito. Laird of Dunlans. (I own 1 square foot :) )
  14. Good Morning QuitTrain - and honoured guests! Another year older - and smoking is still horrible. Its NOPE from me. Not One Puff Ever! Who will join me?
  15. Hmmm and what you call football is just rugby for unfit people... Good birthday...became a Laird
  16. Good idea LB. I use the site too.
  17. Atta Girl! Raaaaaahhhh!
  18. Go for it Tiger!
  19. Nah they are not. They were naive, out-thought and out-played. On the day, Chelsea were the better team. However - you have to believe that there are many twists and turns still possible. In the longer term - some great lessons learned you would hope... Still Grrrrrrrrr....
  20. Paul was right! Bus parked, one slip and Chelsea one up. But now the Reds are attacking the Kop... "Hold your heads up high..."
  21. El Bandito replied to Gemzee's topic in Socializing
    39 minutes between bacon butty and I want Chinese? You are hungover aren't you!
  22. Not today...Jose needs the win. Liverpool can cope with the draw...
  23. El Bandito replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -7
  24. Nah. La Bandita is going three rounds with her hormones, water is tumbling from the sky...so on the couch (dog delighted curled up next to me) gonna watch some golf, eat some lunch, watch some football and just recharge.... Some proper chillaxing!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.