Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

El Bandito

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by El Bandito

  1. Sue! Just casually drop in "I am an all Ireland badminton champion"....Brilliant! Well done you. I can eat a packet of crisps (chips in US) and drink two pints of guinness in less than 8 seconds.
  2. Fantastic achievement Paula! Well done you. Congratulations!
  3. Problem is Wrong boss. Hic :wub:
  4. Thank you all!
  5. typically male answer....sorry Its the chemicals love. You have stopped feeding yourself literally thousands of chemicals. You are changing the way that your brain is working with dopamine and the like. This DOES impact how you handle mood, emotion etc... What I am trying to say - is that this is normal Tiger. You counter it by having a good cry - check a good whinge here - check telling yourself how well you are doing - ???? treating yourself - ???? Dont stress Tiger ;)
  6. Let me get this straight... Currently - you have bright copper eyebrows? Perhaps not for public consumption - but you have to take a photo of that!! Absolutely fantastic! Sure the pros will sort it out for you!
  7. Cheers.... And COME ON LIVERPOOL!
  8. Thank you Pippa. I'll tell La Bandita you said it was OK....Breakfast sherry! Yum....
  9. Sarah. You do not want a cigarette. You have freed yourself from this addiction. You are AWESOME, brilliant, fantastic - and you DO NOT WANT a cigarette. YOU are free. Got it? Raaaaaah!
  10. No expert - but from my understanding...while a win is obviously the target...a draw probably suits the Reds more than anyone else doesn't it?
  11. Yup... 1. Option 1. Go. Have a cracking time (or fake it ;) ) 2. Option 2. Don't go. Have a cracking time at home. The weather is not great, its going to be wet and cold. There will be many more BBQs this year. If anyone there would think less of you for ducking this - well frankly they are not the sort of folk whose opinions you need to give a fig about. Don't stress Tiger!
  12. Relapsed big style last night...maybe half a pack before I woke sweating, sheepish and tearful. Realised it was another smoking dream. Rolled over Broke wind Went to sleep Poor Bandita - how she puts up with me is beyond anyone!
  13. Nah... Each person is different. For me - I would say week 3 was emotion time - for others it is different. But it does pass Tiger, honest.
  14. But I have never seen a startled owl.. B)
  15. Tears? In person quitting smoking? Impossible. :P Relax Tiger! I am one of the most laid back, placid people you could meet. I don't really do public displays of emotion either. Month 1, I was like an x factor wannabe...crying at the beauty of the sunset, the colour of the sky...anything... Crying is how the body releases tension. EVERYBODY feels better after a good cry. So wail your heart out...then have a shower and pick your outfit out. You will be great. Trust me.
  16. Are you arching your eyebrows - at 3 months? Or was it wind? :P
  17. El Bandito replied to Ladybug's topic in Socializing
    GRILLS HAVE RIGHTS TOO! Hands off the Gazebo! Get me placards!!! :D :D :D
  18. I suppose a photo would be out of the question???
  19. Sarah, You don't smoke. No problem You don't eat meat. (Completely beyond my carnivorous comprehension) but No problem. You broke up with the ex. No problem You will look great, whatever you wear. (Although definitely include something waterproof) You don't want a cigarette - you are a non-smoker. Go have fun. Show everyone that you choose not to smoke, you choose not to eat meat, you choose to be without the ex - you are in control, you are having fun and you are happy OR - duvet day, listen to the rain and watch some movies :P
  20. I struggled for a couple of days - but then things evened out. I know some people struggle for a bit longer getting everything settled again.
  21. El Bandito replied to Gemzee's topic in Socializing
    Again. Well - you are on holiday... Water before bed helps I'm told! (I never remember either) Long walk in the rain. Off you go girl!
  22. Laura! Hows the head? Ooooops. Nothing wrong with a practice quit. Most on here have done one or two.... Get back on the train. ;)
  23. Fantastic! Congratulations WYE!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.