Snow

Tink

So winter is here and the snow is falling 

last year we kinda just hibernated and did not embrace the season, this makes for a very loooooong winter!

This year we have decided to embrace it and have some fun with it.

We have already been the first 2 idiots on the sledge slope the other night only to be joined by an 8 year old boy whilst his parents watched from their nice warm truck! (Video evidence to follow as Rez has it on his phone but he is in hibernating mode this morning :2_grimacing:

Tonight we are hitting the 2 ski slopes, might be more drinking hot chocolate then ski-ing but we will be there lol

This morning I am watching a documentary about some surfers, surfing in the Artic

image.png

Hell NO, them crazy fools!!!! but the views are amazing.

I figure SNOW is like Marmite you either hate it or love it!

image.png

Whats the weather like where you are?

Edited by tracey

Indiana -

We have some chilly overnights but so far very little snow. I think the lowest it has gotten is 15 degrees. So, hard to really call it "winter" just yet.

Now when you mention drinking hot chocolate, are we talking Swiss Miss with marshmallows? Milk or water? I prefer milk.

I know home made hot chocolate is better but for packaged, Swiss Miss is best.

Just think though, in some cities like Miami, right now the weather is 78 and partly cloudy. Those poor souls have to drink COLD chocolate as they strip down by the air conditioner. Meanwhile for many of us, December means temps about as cold as a vampire's "lady parts".

• Like 1

Last couple of winters have been very mild with not much snow, which suits me fine in terms of commuting back and forth to work every day. This year has started out on the coolish side though. We have had quite a bit of snow so far too this year. The ski resorts around here are jumping for joy because they make a huge amount of $$ if ski conditions are good around Christmas. They're lovin' it this year :3_grin:.

A bunch of us used to go snowmobiling for a week every year in February but we haven't gone in the last couple of years. Last time we did go it was brutally cold so we had to limit our daily travel distances. That sure was a lot of fun though. Really good and well maintained trails. We would put on about 1,000 kms in a week and that wasn't even pushing it.

When we have a winter like this one is shaping up to be, I get enough of a work out and outdoor time just shoveling all the snow we get. Seems like a daily activity for at least two and a half months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jetblack said:

Indiana -

We have some chilly overnights but so far very little snow. I think the lowest it has gotten is 15 degrees. So, hard to really call it "winter" just yet.

Now when you mention drinking hot chocolate, are we talking Swiss Miss with marshmallows? Milk or water? I prefer milk.

I know home made hot chocolate is better but for packaged, Swiss Miss is best.

Just think though, in some cities like Miami, right now the weather is 78 and partly cloudy. Those poor souls have to drink COLD chocolate as they strip down by the air conditioner. Meanwhile for many of us, December means temps about as cold as a vampire's "lady parts".

as i cant get cadburys hot chocolate here, swiss miss is a pretty good substitute, i have to have it with milk no no to marshmallows though but whipped cream on top, yum but now I have to watch my cholesterol its fat free milk and no cream - boo :9_innocent:

8 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Last couple of winters have been very mild with not much snow, which suits me fine in terms of commuting back and forth to work every day. This year has started out on the coolish side though. We have had quite a bit of snow so far too this year. The ski resorts around here are jumping for joy because they make a huge amount of $$ if ski conditions are good around Christmas. They're lovin' it this year :3_grin:.

A bunch of us used to go snowmobiling for a week every year in February but we haven't gone in the last couple of years. Last time we did go it was brutally cold so we had to limit our daily travel distances. That sure was a lot of fun though. Really good and well maintained trails. We would put on about 1,000 kms in a week and that wasn't even pushing it.

When we have a winter like this one is shaping up to be, I get enough of a work out and outdoor time just shoveling all the snow we get. Seems like a daily activity for at least two and a half months.

snowmobiling is on my bucket list to do, I think I  will make sure I get it done this year :1_grinning: looks so cool! I have to drive a lot and walk a lot in the snow for work too but that`s work, I think our slopes last year had to make their own snow, imagine that lol 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tracey said:

snowmobiling is on my bucket list to do, I think I  will make sure I get it done this year :1_grinning: looks so cool! I have to drive a lot and walk a lot in the snow for work too but that`s work, I think our slopes last year had to make their own snow, imagine that lol 

Snowmobiling is great if you have really good trails and trail maintenance protocol. We used to go to a spot in Quebec, north of Montreal a couple of hours, where it is basically snowmobile heaven. Trails as wide as freeways and groomed every night :3_grin: We would rent the sleds locally (comes with insurance & trail permits) then stay at a local place where 4 trails joined so we had somewhere different to go to each day. That was a great way to do it if you are just doing it occasionally. The whole trip for a week cost about the same as going south for a week in winter.

The ski industry around here has been really hurting the past 2 years. They all have snow making equipment but when temps are too warm, they can't even make snow. They were all shut down at Christmas & March Break last year. That's around 75% of their annual income base. That business is crazy - feast or famine :56_anguished: I'm glad that conditions are looking good for them this year - they need it!

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Snow didn't stick here in Liverpool..although it's cold... Well cold to me anyway...

I carnt drink hot chocolate... Never been able too...it gives me boils on the bum....seriously.... Boohoo.....

omg boils!!

What? Chocolate allergy?

Snow...we go enough to salt the roads and make a mess. Just enough to hide dog shit in yard, which sucks when you got two poop machines.  Never snowmobile. Don't have a bucket list but guess I'll start one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bakon said:

What? Chocolate allergy?

Snow...we go enough to salt the roads and make a mess. Just enough to hide dog shit in yard, which sucks when you got two poop machines.  Never snowmobile. Don't have a bucket list but guess I'll start one.

When you are used to riding a motorcycle, riding a snowmobile feels weird. Would be similar to riding one of those Can-Am Spiders. Two points of traction & steering in front of you with the power coming from under your ass!

• Like 1