Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Just signed up

Featured Replies

Hi Everyone.

 

I've been looking around this site for a few days you all seem a very supportive and helpful bunch which I definitely need!!!

 

Some years ago I quit but stupidly relapsed after 3 years !!!! I used a forum much like this and found the people unbelievably helpful and understanding so I thought I would look around for a forum this time and came across you.

 

I have been quit a week and know the unpleasantness that lies ahead from my previous quit so apologies in advance for bending your ears in the future.

  • Replies 221
  • Views 42.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Hi all sorry I’ve not posted for a bit I’ve had a bit of illness to deal with which went on for Christmas into feb (not Covid) either way all is good on the non smoking front. Before posting I had to

  • Hi All    Just to clarify. We all use this site as a tool in our quits and it is as equally important to me now as it was when I signed up 6 months ago. I use the site in my way and my month

  • Jack1664
    Jack1664

    11 ????

Posted Images

welcome Jack  :bye: , congratulations on your quit, try not to go looking for the unpleasantness or you will surely find it, instead concentrate on all that is good that will be coming your way and the small victories, money saved and health improved,  treat yourself well and the unpleasantness will fade into the distance

 

we know it can take time but one step at a time is a good start

 

Post and read here as much as you can, watch the videos, you are not alone here!

Welcome to the Quit Train Jack :) We welcome anyone who wants to come here and bend our ear. Quitting smoking is our common goal and sharing ideas and experiences is truly helpful to all so please feel free to come here with anything you might wish to discuss or maybe have questions about. Glad you made the decision to quit again. Best thing you could do for yourself!

Welcome aboard Jack glad you joined us.

Week is great start. Do you realize how many smokers wish they were you already?

Welcome aboard Jack,so glad you found us...

Sorry you smoked after 3 yrs..but glad you have made the decision to quit again...

We are here to help in anyway we can..ear bashing is good...staying close to the board is a great start..

Take smoking of the table no matter what is going on...it worked for me...

Looking forward to getting to know you better ...

Welcome, Jack.  Every quit is different, so I'd hold off on making assumptions on how it's going to be.  In my own experience, this quit has been completely different from previous attempts- in a positive way.  I attribute this primarily to mindset/attitude and having taken smoking completely off the table right from the beginning.  CONGRATULATIONS on your one week!!!  That really is a great accomplishment! KTQ!!!   

Welcome aboard Jack.  Congratulations on putting one smokefree week in the rearview.

 

Since you've already addressed the unpleasantness, I suggest you shift your focus to all the awesome benefits of quitting.  This process will reward you many times over.

Welcome Jack.  Glad you found your way back from the dark side.  A better life lies ahead.  Congrats on slaying the first week!

  • Author

Thank you all for the welcome.

 

The only real issue I currently have is, because I've gone down the champix path as that worked for me last time, pretty bad nausea after taking the morning tablet. I don't remember it being as bad as this but as Peace Train suggests every quit is different. So just keep on keeping on I guess.

 

Thanks again for he support.

I never used Champix, so carnt help you in that area,but there are folks here who have..

Our bodies are all over the place in a early quit..all we can do is keep telling ourselves it's all temporary..

It will all pass...this takes different times for each person..

Keep coming here and March through it all..

Stay clear from the sticks and chicks game though..you have enough to deal with just now !!!!

Welcome! It's so nice to meet you! We are very lucky Jack to be in the non smoking section. Congratulations on 1st week of not smoking, that's great!

I didn't use Champix either but have read posts from people who have used it and the nausea can be an issue with some. Be sure you're following the dosage and other medication directions such as eating something before taking your pill I believe is one of the issue. Hope that improves for you as it can be an effective way to begin your quitting journey for some.

Hey Jack, welcome lad. Stick around and im sure you will suceed. Read and watch all you can about this stupid addiction and keep moving forward one day at a time. You got this man! You got this by the ass!

Hey Jack, welcome lad. Stick around and im sure you will suceed. Read and watch all you can about this stupid addiction and keep moving forward one day at a time. You got this man! You got this by the ass!

 

Aha!  Is that why they call them cigarette "butts?"  Ugh... 

I used Chantix if I took it after a heavier meal it didn't make me nauseas.

  • Author

10 days in and I only want to stab people in the eyes with red hot needles.............not a bad start overall !!!!

10 days in and I only want to stab people in the eyes with red hot needles.............not a bad start overall !!!!

Lol..oh yes quite a few of us have been there...I had a punching pillow...

I used a marker pen and put a face on it...not saying who ...

Boy did I punch it ,as hard as I could...sent it flying...

Doing some kind of excersise helps..burn all that anger off...thankfully it soon passes...

Also, try some "deep breathing" when you feel the anxiety or the anger boiling up inside you. Even just a minute of deep breaths, in & out will relax you enough to allow you to refocus. This side effect of my quitting was one that bothered me most - having a pretty short fuse on anger for the first while.

I'm hoping this means you are ticking off the desire to smoke is not there when drinking at the Pub?

  • Author

Sorry for the confusion. One of the biggest bridges to cross for me is a night at the pub with friends who smoke. Obviously the temptation is increased. By pub - tick I simply meant that this hurdle has now been overcome and that particular box ticked.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.