S.O.S

kenzie_peyton

Well done..good to see you here..you have now got rid of all the nicotine in your body..

You don't want to put it back..spend time reading all the stuff here..go to the main board..

There is tons of info there..look for the green pinned posts..

You can get through this..

• Like 3

Oh no Kenzie hang in there. Have you gotten a chance to watch any videos these will help distract you.... Make a list of all the reason you need to be a non-smoker. Can you take a walk, exercise say a prayer, I know it is hard but if you really want this for yourself you need to talk yourself through the urge. Three day is HUGE three days means your body is free of nicotine. That in itself gave me strength knowing that it was actually gone from my body. Think on that you succeeded making it through the WORST of it.  

• Like 3

3 days is great, don't throw it away because the addition is getting a little cranky.

The nicotine HAS left your system and that is why your body (and mind) is screaming for more. DO NOT give in!! Each time you fight back an urge, the stronger you will become and the less power the addiction will hold over you.

There,is still some battles you will have to fight, but the only way to quit smoking is......

Quite simply....

Quit! ..

No matter what, don't light up for the next hour....then the next... Start small just quit for the moment.

As time passes, so shall the urges!

• Like 4

Welcome, kenzie!  Go ahead and cry!  Scream, cuss, shower until the hot water runs out, sing at the top of your lungs, rant, rave, punch a pillow...do anything but smoke!

• Like 3

What these people have already said to you kp! Day 3 will likely be the pinnacle of your discomfort as a Cold Turkey Quitter. I quit cold turkey as well and yes, that first week was pretty eye opening. Anxiety, restlessness and the feeling you want to scream out your frustrations as a result of fighting the withdrawal symptoms. Unfortunately, it's just what we all have to go through to get to the more comfortable time. You will get there too by just not smoking - not even 1 puff. Stay strong in your early quit and you will be rewarded later on. Trust me, this will get easier but the only way through it is ...... to go through it. You'll be fine. It's uncomfortable but it won't kill you. Once you are through it, you'll never have to go through that first week again. Stay close to this board for the next while and post what you are experiencing. We have all been through it and can help you deal with your withdrawal. Stay strong and power through this :)

• Like 3

I'm so glad I joined this group! Thanks to everyone who replied. I made it through yet another craving. I cried through it but I made it! lol. I hope you are all right that it gets easier because right now it almost feels like everyday is a non stop craving.

• Like 9

Welcome Kenzie and good work on dealing with those cravings.

I'm so glad I joined this group! Thanks to everyone who replied. I made it through yet another craving. I cried through it but I made it! lol. I hope you are all right that it gets easier because right now it almost feels like everyday is a non stop craving.

It absolutely gets easier.  You're on day 3 of a cold turkey quit.  The last of the nicotine is leaving your system.  Your body is in a state of flux.  Your brain is trying to adjust itself to a new reality.  It's a wild ride that first week.  Your mind and body will adjust.  The cravings will cease and eventually become a mere passing thought.  

Everything you are feeling now is temporary.  The many benefits of quitting are permanent.

Buckle up, knuckle down, and drive on.

• Like 1

Yes kenzie, that's exactly how it felt to me as well early in my quit. One giant never ending urge to smoke. I will absolutely guarantee that that does not last very long. It does truly get better but it's a slow process. Each time you fight off a craving to smoke, you get stronger and the addiction gets weaker.

Please do read all you can on the board. The more you educate yourself about this addiction, the better prepared you will be to beat it. Yes, smoking is an addiction, not just a bad habit. That's why quitting is tough. The addiction wants you to feed it and will play mind games ( sneaky one's too) just to try and convince you to give up and feed it. Keep fighting it and you will win. If you want it badly enough and do the hard work in these early days, you too can be free. No more slavery to this ugly addiction!

You are so young. I admire you for taking this on because it is your life and the quality of your life that is really on the line here. So many of us leave quitting until we are much older and have already suffered negative, health effects. You are wise beyond your years to tackle this now.

Joining a support group is also an important tool for your quit. I'm sure you have others that will support you in your quit but we know exactly what you are going through. You can come here and vent, rage, cry, laugh or just plain say hello. We are here to support each other unconditionally. It's really quite an exceptional thing. Stay close to the board in the early part of your quit especially.

• Like 2

^^^ What they said!  Way to dig deep, KP.  This WILL get better..everything will get better, promise promise.  

Lots of us cried.  Had to just let it out when it needed to come out.  It was worse trying to hold it back.  Swore a lot too.  

• Like 2

Well-done Kenzie..

This is how its done!!!!...talking it day by day...and reaching out when you need us...

Stay close to the board...those who do..reach thier goal...

Read ,read ,and read some more..knowledge.. Out smarting the beast..this is how you fight your war..

You win all the battles...

Get yourself some tools to work with..keep busy,..spoil yourself,..take up a new hobby,keep fit..

Snack on some healthy nibbles..ect...

I wish I had quit at your age..your much smarter than me...good on ya xxxx

• Like 2