This is what I see

ExTex

It's so weird how you don't see any of that while you're still a smoker. As soon as you stop, and take a step away from it, it's like the logical part of your brain comes back and you suddenly realize what you've been doing to yourself. Now, I just picture all that tar coating everything and it's like "eww, ewww, ewww...."  :angry:

• Like 4

It's so weird how you don't see any of that while you're still a smoker. As soon as you stop, and take a step away from it, it's like the logical part of your brain comes back and you suddenly realize what you've been doing to yourself. Now, I just picture all that tar coating everything and it's like "eww, ewww, ewww...."  :angry:

I was amazed at the amount of information available about smoking and its harmful effects after I quit.  When I opened my eyes and was willing to listen, the truth was right there waiting on me.

Denial is a major component of addiction.

head-in-sand.png

• Like 4

Haha true. I always ignored the text messages on the pack and my family and friends warning me it was harmful. Now that i quit, im afraid of smoking a cigarrete for the harm alone.

• Like 3

Haha true. I always ignored the text messages on the pack and my family and friends warning me it was harmful. Now that i quit, im afraid of smoking a cigarrete for the harm alone.

Same! It was almost a challenge to "collect" the whole series of messages/pictures on the packs. "Let's see, I already have 2 messed up eye/teeth ones, now I need a smoking pregnancy and the classic man in hospital bed" WTF???!! Seriously. Not a one of those was a deterrent then. NOW? Only on Day 19, and I was taking a walk earlier, and one of my neighbours was on his porch having a smoke. I swear I almost dived off the sidewalk and into the nearest bushes, because I was so paranoid about one particle of smoke getting in my lungs. Must get away. It's so nuts how your perspective changes so severely, so quickly.

• Like 3

I was amazed at the amount of information available about smoking and its harmful effects after I quit.  When I opened my eyes and was willing to listen, the truth was right there waiting on me.

Denial is a major component of addiction.

head-in-sand.png

That is the perfect picture for that!! Once you get your head out of the sand, it's a whole different world. A much better one. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think I knew smoke was bad it wasn't like a light bulb went on. When I was first married we lived in the same neighborhood as the Lucky Strike model did when she was old.  I can remember sitting on the stoop and she would walk down the block she had a hole her throat from smoking. We were young we would put the cigarettes aside until she passed.

• Like 5