How to survive?

natalie_3

I´m on the third day of my quit and feeling quite sick and disorientated but today is New Year´s Eve and my husband and I are giving a party. Right now I´m totally panicking over surviving to this party without smoking. I used to smoke so much (about 50 a day) that it´s being really hard to function without smoking and also social gatherings make me anxious and you know...I used to think cigarettes helped me relax and cope with situations like this. I know this idea is false but a little part of me doesn´t believe it and wants really badly to smoke. Help please. 

-Nat

• Like 1

Doing a party on your third day of quitting is a very hard position to be in, if it your party the major thing would be to make a big effort not to drink alcohol and make people aware if they aren't already that you are quitting and if people see you with a cigarette in your hand to stop you.

If you can get through this night, think how proud you will be, keep going, you know you don't want to go back.

• Like 2

3 days in to your quit Congratulations!

Go out side and take a slow long deep breath in and out a couple of times with eyes closed, if it doesn't help then yell and beat on a pillow!

Drink a glass of water, not alcohol and say to your self, Not this time, I'don't smoke! Nope!. Say it over and over and over

The cravings only last a few minuets, but the effects of smoking can last a life time!

You can do it, you did it before, you are stronger then the crave!

• Like 2

Do you have time to watch one or two vids from Joel. .. they dismantle the myths you keep believing in in only you can crumble those myths. Knowledge is power so refresh your mind... zip juice instead of alcohol and do enjoy your smokefree new years Eve

• Like 1

Do you have time to watch one or two vids from Joel. .. they dismantle the myths you keep believing in in only you can crumble those myths. Knowledge is power so refresh your mind... zip juice instead of alcohol and do enjoy your smokefree new years Eve

I do have time. Are there any videos in particular that you suggest?

See the video below.  Joel talks about the fact that smoking does not calm you.  We tell ourselves that to justify smoking.  You can do this Nat!  Make up your mind that you will not fail and you won't I can promise you that.  It can be hard in the beginning and you have made it 3 days!  That is so awesome!  Don't give up on it now and make those 3 days for not.  

So HAPPY for you!!! Way to go, Girl!! 

Maybe it was easier not having to go out to smoke???  Later in my smoking years, many of my friends didn't know I smoked, so whenever I would have people over, I'd try to time it ever so carefully to go out and smoke before everyone got to my house.  Then, sometimes, I'd sneak away mid-party and take a few drags, being so careful to keep the smell off me, go "freshen" up in the bathroom before returning to my guests.  What a nightmare!  So happy to be done with that!

Celebrate each non-smoking success!!!  Be so happy you are done with it!

YAY YOU!!! :) 

How did it go, Natalie?  I hope you didn't smoke but if you did, get your backside back on the train and let's kick the crap out this addiction together, as a group, right now.

Make 2016 your year!

I didn´t smoke. Yes, this is my year!

This group is awesome.

• Like 4