Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

18 months and a day for the Aylesbury Tornado

Featured Replies

To many here, Marti is the gentle caring veteran, always with a kind word. A soothing presence.

 

To some, who visit the cursing thread, she is an imaginative cussing machine.

 

Some will remember when she was a nervous quitter. Fighting every minute of every day. Leading her fella and even her Mum into non-smoking.

 

To me, she is the quit buddy that is always there.

 

Happy 18 months QB. You rock.

 

Gnarly old veteran now....you can officially say "those were the days...."

The F thread wouldn't be the same without M ...... Congrats Marti :)

Marti is the best ever! Love ya, congrats!

  Indeed, who doesn't love our ever supportive Marti!!   And for sure, no one dazzles the F thread better than her.  Congrats on your 18th Marti!

Congrats marti 18 months wtg

You rock Marti! Congratulations on 18 months of Freedom  :)

Smarti is a cougar too

ONE - POINT - FIVE


Years of Fabulous Freedom


!!!!


Congratulations Marti!!!   18 months is an inspiring accomplishment. 

I get smiley when I read that you are so excited to have extra money for family fun....

Hoping your celebration of life and being free are filling your world with laughter and fond times.

So sorry to be late!  Eighteen months is fabulous, Marti, and so are you!!

Congratulations Marti. 18 months is incredible.

Epic_Win.png

  • Author

Thought I'd stop by again and say well done to Smarti, Marti. All sorts of anniversaries going on!

 

One day at a time M!

 

Keep on rocking!

You rock, smartpants!!! :D Congratulations!

I never saw this celebration so I'm sorry for not responding before. 

 

The thing about quitting is it never gets old for me. For sure, some people just put them down and they don't smoke now, Chris (my other half) was very like that. So to have here really mattered to me. I was literally in a house where 80 per day were being smoked across two people and I had many a stand off moments, smoking would have been easier but I finally understood I had a choice and how to make the right one, with education and support. it was you guys telling me to respect myself and my quit that made me hold on more times then you'll know.  I was a bare knuckle quitter type for sure and I'm pleased that makes me smile now. There was a period of time there that I regretted not buying shares in tissue companies! So the outlet was a good thing - as is the swear thread, creativity is important to me ;)

 

The time and the money back are utter wins for me every single day! I can literally save for anything I want to do or have now and this was never the case. I lived hand to mouth for years to enable me to smoke. I adore everything I spend money on because I've never had it before! The message of self care to my children is important to me as a mother, setting an example is crucial for my peace of mind.

 

Genuinely, thank you, for the journey and the message. xx

I never saw this celebration so I'm sorry for not responding before. 

 

The thing about quitting is it never gets old for me. For sure, some people just put them down and they don't smoke now, Chris (my other half) was very like that. So to have here really mattered to me. I was literally in a house where 80 per day were being smoked across two people and I had many a stand off moments, smoking would have been easier but I finally understood I had a choice and how to make the right one, with education and support. it was you guys telling me to respect myself and my quit that made me hold on more times then you'll know.  I was a bare knuckle quitter type for sure and I'm pleased that makes me smile now. There was a period of time there that I regretted not buying shares in tissue companies! So the outlet was a good thing - as is the swear thread, creativity is important to me ;)

 

The time and the money back are utter wins for me every single day! I can literally save for anything I want to do or have now and this was never the case. I lived hand to mouth for years to enable me to smoke. I adore everything I spend money on because I've never had it before! The message of self care to my children is important to me as a mother, setting an example is crucial for my peace of mind.

 

Genuinely, thank you, for the journey and the message. xx

You are awesome and you have been through so much. This is a very powerful message.

 

Sorry I am late to congratulate you, but yay Marti! <3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.