Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coming up on a year this Feburary, My story

Featured Replies

Wow, I cannot believe that in Feburary it will be a year of no smoking. I never in my life thought I would make it this far. After 5 misscarraiges I knew it was time. I had tried to quit smoking so many times before longest I had it was 3 months. But when I became prego I knew I just had to do it, so in my second trimester i went on chantix, again. I had to do it for my baby, to give the baby a chance to survive. My baby boy is now 4 months old. I was so scared the whole time that he would come out deformed because all the smoking I did. I was a 2 pack a day smoker for over 17 years.

 

I still think about it every now and then. But I know i need to stay clean for my baby boy. It smells bad to me now, and hate when I have to walk through a cloud of it in fornt of work. Drives me nuts when smokers do not think about the non smokers, lol.

 

Just want to say to you all that you think you cannot do it. It is so doable you just have to stay motivated and it is so worth it. I am so glad that I quit and I know this is truly my sticky quit. I want to thank Rain forest for being there through my multiple quits she was always an inspiration and to Diane, To nacy and action, you were a huge help in this quit.

Congratulations on your quit and on your baby boy!  :)

Fabulous to hear from you Amber. And of a healthy baby boy, congrats!! What's his name?

 

Pleased you're well. x

Fantastic Amber! So much good news smoke free, and a wonderful baby boy too - What did you name him?!

 

You are an inspiration to me, and I'm glad that you finally found your freedom.

 

Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

  • Author

I named him raymond michael after his dad. So we call him junior ;) I feel so blessed.

So good to see you Amber!  Congrats on that baby boy and being smoke free! 

Hey Emma.

 

Brightened my day to see your post.

 

Fantastic work. Thanks for coming by!

Awww Amber this is so wonderful, congratulations on both junior and your quit, this is so awesome xxx

Double congrats Amber,delighted for you x

Oh, Amber-Dawn, it is so wonderful to hear from you!  So glad your quit is safe and you have a beautiful baby boy!  I am sure your post will inspire many.  Please check in when you can...Have a blessed holiday season!

Congratulations AmberDawn on a beautiful healthy baby boy!   I am so very proud of you and thank you so much for coming back here to post such an inspirational message for those who follow!  

Terrific! It would be a fancy for my completely clean day! I now and then think is there a day that I really quit successfully. Cograts again!

Hey Amber - super congrats on Junior and on that awesome quit you have going :-)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.