Everything posted by AmberDawn727
-
Roll Call for (Old Phartes) on the Quit Train
yay feb7 ill be a old farte. holy moly..
-
Coming up on a year this Feburary, My story
I named him raymond michael after his dad. So we call him junior ;) I feel so blessed.
-
Coming up on a year this Feburary, My story
Wow, I cannot believe that in Feburary it will be a year of no smoking. I never in my life thought I would make it this far. After 5 misscarraiges I knew it was time. I had tried to quit smoking so many times before longest I had it was 3 months. But when I became prego I knew I just had to do it, so in my second trimester i went on chantix, again. I had to do it for my baby, to give the baby a chance to survive. My baby boy is now 4 months old. I was so scared the whole time that he would come out deformed because all the smoking I did. I was a 2 pack a day smoker for over 17 years. I still think about it every now and then. But I know i need to stay clean for my baby boy. It smells bad to me now, and hate when I have to walk through a cloud of it in fornt of work. Drives me nuts when smokers do not think about the non smokers, lol. Just want to say to you all that you think you cannot do it. It is so doable you just have to stay motivated and it is so worth it. I am so glad that I quit and I know this is truly my sticky quit. I want to thank Rain forest for being there through my multiple quits she was always an inspiration and to Diane, To nacy and action, you were a huge help in this quit.
-
Amberdawn celebrates 4 months today!
Thank you. It has been a while since I have logged in. I am still smoke free and this weekend marks 36 weeks for me woohoo.
-
Checkin in
STILL SMOKEFREE checking in. I am doing well. Been thinking abuout wanting a cigg lately even though I know I will not smoke. My baby shower is next weekend. I am now 7 month prego still going strong. It has been such a bumpy ride me and DB fight more than ever, lol new video game wildstar comes out on sat I beta tested it and am so excited to play it all weekend heheh
-
**Congratulations to Rainforest for 5 Years of Wonderful freedom!***
Awesome job Rain. SO proud of you.
-
Checkin in
Hello, I am still smokefree. I haven't been on in a bit. I am doing well. Very busy buying baby stuff and help planning baby shower. I also got engaged and get to pick up my ring tommorrow night ;) STill needs to be sized. 24 weeks prego now still going very well. Saw my brother last weekend, it had been 8 months. We went to luch he smoked a couple ciggs in front of me and I did quite well, didn' t really want one.
-
who does the spring quitters????
Thanks guys. Feeling better today. Just tired now. lol Marti is fantastic ;)
-
who does the spring quitters????
Marti, you can take it over. I have been very sick this week. Pregnancy is rough, lol. Taking too much on I think.
-
MARTI has 1 Month
Woohoo Marti, way to go. What a huge milestone, be proud. Reward yourself for this huge acomplishment. I am so proud of you.
-
JuanMatino Made thru Hell Week
Juan, Great job on making it through your first week as a non smoker. You are doing an awesome job. Keep up the good work.
-
Almost blew my quit
Oh yay. I am glad you made it threw. You are so close to a week down. You got this, good job on staying strong ;) You are a spring quitter now. PM me anytime, I am around a lot.
-
Day 3
Day 3 is fantastic. I am very proud of you. You are doing great, almost through your first milestone. Driving was always the hardest for me. I always chewed gum to help get over the habit of smoking and driving. The more you do it, the easier it will be.
-
I feel like I never smoked
Oh, wow. That is awesome. I can wait to get there. It still comes across my mind when I am mad or stressed, but as a fleeting thought not really as a craving. ;)
-
Good Morning Amy and IamDoingIt :)
Oh good, I was just thinking about these to on their first day of freedom. You guys are officially in the Spring quitters support group. WooHoo. I could not be more happy to welcome you to the group, I am so excited for our new members. Day 1 is pretty tough, drink lots of water and cranberry juice to push out the toxins. After day 3 all nicotine is out of your system. I ate a lot of hard candies, and made a new habit of gum after meals oh and stong mints are awesome for strong cravings. Remember if you get a craving post an SOS, we are here for you. You can do this, do not let smoking be an option. I will be on all day if you guy need any help ;)
-
Spring Quitters 2014 Sign Up
uPDATED, SO FAR. 1 JAKE1065 4 AMBERDAWN727 6 DONNA10, DORS67 12 MARTI 26 SOOZIE APRIL 1 MHK 4 EVELYN 7 JUANMARTINO, IAMDOINGIT 9 AMY GREEN
-
1 Month to AMBERDAWN727 on 4-4-14
I figured it out.
-
1 Month to AMBERDAWN727 on 4-4-14
-
Pre Respond to your own SOS
Amber, You are about to be a mother for the first time after more than 5 miscarraiges. Do you really want to put this healthy baby at risk? Would you stick the poor baby in a bag full of smoke? It is not about only you anymore. And besides, do you remember ow hard this quit was? Doing it 3 times in one month to get a good quit in, and you want to ruin it for what? Being mad, just cry until you fall asleep or go shopping, we know you love that, lol. Anything is better than smoking. You want to be around to watch your child grow up after being through so much to have him. Smoking is not n option ever again. I did not come this far to go backwards. You will not ruin this quit.
-
Please watch this before you think about smoking!
Wow. I have actually couph up that chunky white stuff before. SO glad I am a non smoker.
-
New attempt little Sos cold turkey DAY 2
yes lifesaver mints are awesome for cravings, yum. Or i would eat a big meal.
-
New attempt little Sos cold turkey DAY 2
Juan, your doing great on day 2. Quitting is hard and even more so cold turkey. Just think one more day and all the nicotine will be gone. I know it is hard right now, but be strong, you are doing so well. Good job on posting an sos, it is a great system. Great post from Ladybug ;) You can do this, you have 2 days down, try to remind your self you do not want to do those days over again.
-
My List of foods helping with cravings!
This is a great post. Interesting facts.
-
Spring Quitters 2014 Sign Up
Awesome. Glad to see you here, I have you down. ;)
- Nancy, c'mon down!