Exercise Music

Petra

So, I'm trying to become a runner (kinda) (difficult task for this Group Fitness girl - class instructors have all the cool music ready to go).

I was searching on Pandora for fun songs to listen to while running, but kept coming up short. 

Looks like I need my own play list.  

What are your favorite songs to workout/run to?   I love really fast, energetic songs.  Here is one example (maybe not the best example, but the first one that came to mind):

The video may be kind of dumb, but I LOVE the pace. 

The Sarge likes to have a driving beat that matches his cadence. Makes for a no-brainer. Left-right-left-right-left ... all to the beat of the music ON the beat. For training runs, that's 172 to 180 BPM (Beats per minute) and for races he kicks it up to about 190 BPM.

There are several online database of songs that you can search based on the BPM. Make your playlist(s) from those.  Google will lead you there ...

Easy Peasy

• Like 3

gonna try out a Pandora station for a run this morning. 

It's a station under the Workout Genre / Classic Rock.  

TNT by AC DC is the first song. :)  

I've been playing with Googling bpm's found a couple helpful websites.

Thanks! :)

gonna try out a Pandora station for a run this morning. 

It's a station under the Workout Genre / Classic Rock.  

TNT by AC DC is the first song. :)

Thanks! :)

Pandora has a workout genre station? :wub:

The "average runner" (is there such a thing?) is "comfortable running" (is there such a thing?) with a 180 bpm cadence.  Start there and work up or down a few beats. The Sarge is comfortable from about 165 to 190, depending on what's going on.

Easy Peasy

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded two new apps for running.  One is called PumaTrac.  This uses GPS to track miles, time, calories, and stuff.  Kinda cool, but I feel like I am being followed. :)

The other is FitRun, which is a music app like app like Pandora.  You can select from all different genres and bpms.  I may upgrade to see if it has more features like the ability to like or dislike songs. It would also be cool if you could bump the selections up or down (make the music faster or slower).  I think there was another app that did this, but it selected songs from your iTunes and I don't have enough music loaded onto that.  

Yesterday, I listened to an alternative rock station that was super cool..

Today, I listened to 80's, cuz I love the 80's so much!!!  And I got to hear this fun classic 80's tune! :)

Listened to the Weezer station on Pandora during my run today!!  One of my favorite stations!!!  Weezer, Cake, Red Hot Chili Peppers and they even threw in Rick Springfield for me today. :)  Cool station!

• Like 1