Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Quitting Girl is 3 Years Smoke Free

Featured Replies

You know I totally forgot that it was my 3 year quit anniversary yesterday and didn't realize it until I saw this post.  Thanks so much! 😀 I can't believe it's been 3 years already.  I remember how difficult those beginning days and months were and I believe that I have stayed quit because of this place!! So for all the newbies, it can be done, just stay close to the train like I did and you will succeed!😃

Congratulations!  You've gone from counting minutes and hours to weeks and months and now you count in years.  Thanks for paying it forward.

I was going through my old posts and here are a few where I was struggling, but hang in there newbies because I am not struggling anymore.  It really does get better, you just have to give it some time.

 

Here is the link, if any of you newbies want to read through my posts.  We all went through the same thing, but like I said, it will get better, just hang in there and come on this board every day!!!

 

 

What a lovely surprise! Didn't realize you were coming up to year 3rd year Anniversary quit.

Congrats @QuittingGirl🎉

 

Marking those quit celebrations often has us reflecting on the early part of our quit journey; those very confusing and difficult days. But they also give us time to reflect on just how proud and happy we are to be free of this controlling nicotine addiction; no longer having to sneak away every 30 minutes or so to satisfy that urge to have a smoke ... the NEED to have a smoke! 

 

Freedom is the ultimate gift we enjoy once we have quit good & proper! Enjoy your day Quitting Girl :28_hugging:

3rdAnniversary.gif.99c3174eaa904ec681b5d210ac9fc905.gif

Congratulations on 3 years smoke free @QuittingGirl and thanks for the great job you are doing as moderator.  Celebrate today

 

tenor.gif

Thanks so much everyone!!  You all have helped me so much during those beginning days and months.  I honestly don't think I would have been able to quit without your support!!❤️

 

@Reciprocity  I forgot as well, I didn't realize it until I saw Doreen post it.😀

 

Onward to year 4. 👍

 Congratulations on your 3 year quit. You are doing amazing. Keep it up.

Hey, Sandi. Sorry to be late to the party, but I wanted to wish you a VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I remember your early days here… you were having a truly grim time, but you wanted to be free so badly, and you leaned into the support here. And look at you now!!! Finally free, and paying it forward as one of our fabulous moderators. Your perseverance despite your cravings made you a true quitting Wonder Woman! Congrats, dear. 

 

IMG_6472.GIF

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.