This is my 3rd attempt, and 3rd time coming back to quit train.

I finished reading the Allen Carr Easy Way yesterday and smoked my last cigarette 15 hours ago. I felt so confident yesterday, but now I’m sitting here in tears because I don’t understand why it doesn’t feel as “easy” as the book says. 

• Like 3

@kenzie_peyton, I didn't read the book so I can't comment on what it says but I had a really hard quit.

It sucks but the only way past it is through so you're going to have to be uncomfortable,  crabby, teary and all the other emotions that come up with quitting.  But I promise you if you just hang in there and hold on to that precious quit it will get so much better.

Everyone can quit and most of us were just like you when we first quit and now we're free.  I want that same thing for you too ☺ 

• Like 5

Welcome back Kenzie. I remember you well.

What Jillar said is true. It's gonna be down right crappy for a period of time. There's no way around it you just gotta stop yourself when you think you're ready to thow in the towel. Sometimes it's a toss up as to what you'll do but that's when ya gotta dig deeper into that empty emotional tank and forge ahead with your quit. That's how you achieve success in quitting.

That truly difficult time won't last forever, although sometimes it seems lik it might. Hold tight to your commitment to improve your life and just get it done at all costs!

We all go through it so it IS doable! We don't have anything you don't; that's for sure.

• Like 5

@jillar I really liked the book, and felt like I resonated with a lot of it, but for some reason I thought it would be like magic quitting, and so far this is my hardest quit yet. I want it to be my last because I desperately want to be done smoking before I’m 30. I just can’t believe how emotional I am this time around. I’ve cried like 4 times today lol 

@Reciprocity I was just looking back at our old messages today, and it honestly made me feel like a huge dummy for ever going back. I really underestimated how strong the addiction is and how hard it would be to quit again. I know I did it to myself and need to stop feeling sorry for myself, but it’s soooo hard, ughhhh 

• Like 6

@kenzie_peyton, if it was like magic quitting there wouldn't be support forums or NRTs right? 

You can quit but you have to stand your ground and just let the tears or tantrums happen knowing it's normal and won't last forever.   

• Like 4

Welcome back Kenzie.

I read the book and it did help me …

No matter what method we choose to help us through the difficult times ….the hard work has to come from you ..

yes it’s tough …but gets easier as you go along …everyone on the train will tell you this ..

Get yourself a tool box ..put all the things that help in there …

I had a punching pillow …boy…that thing used to fly through the air…

Reread all the green pinned posts on the Main Smoking Board …it’s full of tips to help you along .

• Like 4

Hey @kenzie_peytonwelcome back, I am a fellow returnee 🙂 im a big NRT patch advocate, they really give your body what its craving and make your quit much easier, well that has been my experience.  I couldnt have quit without them. Ive had success with nrt gum in past quits also. Have you tried patches or gum before, might be worth considering. The first few days will be the hardest, so just stick out out, build up your days, and as you know it does get easier!  And you did best thing coming back here, we're all in this together!  I do the daily nope here now, a thing i never did before, but it sets me up for the day.  Wishing you all the best x

• Like 5

Welcome back!!  I didn't read the book, but I'm glad you decided to quit again and we all know how difficult it is.  If quitting wasn't so difficult, this site wouldn't exist.  Just take it one day at a time, one hour or minute at a time and keep coming on here a lot.  I recommend you coming on every day, as it certainly has helped me and others. Vent to us when you need to as we are always here to help you!  One thing that helped me early in my quit was using cinnamon sticks as fake cigarettes.  I would suck air through the hole and make believe I was blowing smoke out of my mouth, plus the taste of cinnamon is so nice.  If you don't like cinnamon, you can use cut up straws.

This is my 2nd time quitting and the last because who wants to constantly go through those withdrawal symptoms every time we decide to quit!  Not me,  as it was horrible and I'm sure for most of us on this site.  Just keep focusing on quitting and you will do fine.  As I said, just stay close to The Train.  All the best to you!!! 🙂

• Like 4

Welcome back Kenzie! So glad you’ve decided this was going to be your forever quit. Any quit is hard. I cried for 2 weeks.  It’s not easy. Recognizing the depth of our addiction is key and you have. Stay close and talk yourself through it with us. It helps so much to do so. I hope to see you around soon!

• Like 5

Thanks for all the encouragement. I’m really struggling today. I’ve hardly been able to sleep the last 2 days, and I just feel so anxious. I know they say a craving only lasts about 10 minutes but I swear it feels like it’s been nonstop for 2 days. 😭

• Like 2

I feel you - been there. Hang tough. It feels wretched for a while, but this worst part DOES pass… and then you never have to go through withdrawal again! If you hang on till you make it to the other side, you’ll be glad you did. 

This early phase is a combo of physical and emotional withdrawal. Your addiction is putting up a fuss. Be kind to yourself, cry as needed, mourn the loss… that’s all part of letting your new free self emerge. Stay busy and keep the quit!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kenzie_peyton said:

Thanks for all the encouragement. I’m really struggling today. I’ve hardly been able to sleep the last 2 days, and I just feel so anxious. I know they say a craving only lasts about 10 minutes but I swear it feels like it’s been nonstop for 2 days. 😭

Yeah, I was there too early on in my quit. Those damn cravings just never stopped. One ran into the other I guess. It was terrible because it seems as if it's never gonna end but you just have to bear down and get through that phase. It won't last long and although it feels horrible right now, that won't last as long as it semems at the moment.

Remember the only rule: Just don't smoke - ever!

• Like 4

So glad you found jumped back on the train…and posted SOS! 👏👏

I read the book. 

Twice.   

I understand your frustrations.

Have you listened to any of his excerpts on YouTube?  They are quite hypnotic and really helped me when cravings started to surge. 

Know that you are stronger than the addiction.  It is an evil, lying, money grabbing, health stealing  jerk that has no business in your life! 

You can do this.  

-L4L

• Like 4

13 hours ago, kenzie_peyton said:

I definitely know how you feel, we all do.  I really does get easier the longer you don't smoke!  In my early days of quitting I also had anxiety and just a horrible sense of doom.  It's still only been a few days for you so just please hang in there, it will get easier.  I promise!!!  🙂

• Like 3

I bought the Allen Carr complete clinic sessions . 
It was 5 cds … I listened to it through head phones … this clicked for me . 
There was something listening to a voice , that helped me more than reading his book 

Maybe this is something you Newbies could think about , I bought mine on Amazon x

• Like 2