Hello,

I am on 1st day without cigs. Cold turkey. No patches or whatever else. 

What i wanted to share, a thought, here it goes, friends:

Its going to be very inquisitive, get ready and dont take it wrongly.

Here it goes: 

Isn't it a contradiction that smokers that want to stop smoking

think

"i cant do it"

and yet

they still insist on quiting?

like me, I think "I cant do it". Ok. Nevertheless I am " doing it" (quiting). 

if a person thinks they cant do something, why do they try doing it?

Maybe its a contradiction

There's absolutely NO reason you can't quit smoking! Many people all over the world quit every year. All of us go through similar struggles as we fight to recapture our non-smoking selves. 

Why don't you just start believing that you CAN quit smoking? Then there's no contradiction created when you try to quit. Even though you may go through many struggles when quitting, that doesn't mean you can't quit. Anyone can quit ... it just a matter of pushing forward and not smoking no matter what comes you way. It gets ugly at times but it won't kill you; on the contrary, you'll be reclaiming your life by quitting.

• Like 5

Ok challenge ahead.

Today was a good day.

Can Not wake up to smoking tomorrow. Can not smoke tomorrow, or today for the remaining of the waking hours.

Send NOPEs my way! And i can say to you all, or to You reading this: Not one puff ever.

Not even one, friend. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Breath-of-Power said:

Ok challenge ahead.

Today was a good day.

Can Not wake up to smoking tomorrow. Can not smoke tomorrow, or today for the remaining of the waking hours.

Send NOPEs my way! And i can say to you all, or to You reading this: Not one puff ever.

Not even one, friend. 

That's the spirit @Breath-of-Power!!

You can always pledge your very own nope on the Daily Nope Pledge Page as well.This is what some of us do just to remind ourselves each and avery day Not One Puff Ever!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, despair not said:

Don't forget your not trying to quit.

You have already quit.

All you need to do now is stay quit.

Good luck.

Ok!!

I have already quit?? 

Im heading for 48 hours smokeless.

But wait: what do you mean I have already quit? 

• Like 2

Think about it.

You are now officially a non smoker.

You quit smoking 2 days ago.

Carbon monoxide is now out of your body

In 1 more day your body will be nicotine free.

You are no longer a smoker unless you decide to start smoking.

Congratulations now you just need to remain a non smoker.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, despair not said:

Congratulations now you just need to remain a non smoker.

REMAIN AN EX-SMOKER REMAIN AN EX-SMOKER REMAIN AN EX-SMOKER. 

SMOKERS EVERYWHERE. 

GIVE IT ALL DON'T GIVE IN.

I MIGHT BE A BUM BUT I WONT BUM SMOKES.

and

YOU CAN DO MEDITATION.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Breath-of-Power said:

I MIGHT BE A BUM BUT I WONT BUM SMOKES.

There were times over my life that I was just out of cigarettes or just literally didn’t have the means to buy cigarettes, but the one thing I refused to do was to bum. I just couldn’t make myself do it. There was a tiny part of me that just refused to totally debase myself and beg for cigarettes. Pride? Fooling myself into thinking I had some control over my habit? A part of me desperately fighting against being completely owned by my addiction? I don’t know why, but that tiny part of me and QuitTrain are the reasons I am celebrating my 3rd anniversary of being free! You can do this. Stick around!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ok. I have a life ahead of me.

That is why Im not smoking.

Because I dont want to waste my time and power, yes Ive said it, power. Can be called energy, life, breath, chi, health, heart, liver. 

...no more pressure on the liver.

• Like 6

Doing GREAT @Breath-of-Power!! 

That first week is something else. You're getting everything thrown at you at once and have to develop methods of getting through it all that work for you.

Keep up the great work! We're here when you needs us for asking and questions you may have or just for venting any frustrations.

And remember, these tough early days WILL get better the longer you don't smoke!

• Like 3

Its not that i want a cigarette. 

I just dont know whats going on with me.

My quit is a though one, i dont know about others and i dont want to hear "if i can do it, you can" brcause that is a fallacy. It rather works "I can do it, and so can you" everyone can? I dont know. Maybe some people cant. 

As you can see, it is/seems hard but thnks for this forum.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Breath-of-Power said:

Maybe some people cant. 

The only people who can't are those who give up. You have to be willing to go through the bad days to get to the good days. We all had to.......

Edited by jillar
  • Like 5

I think anyone who's attempted to quit has felt the same way as you are feeling right now. Unsure at times if we could actually do it or not.

The answer to that lies within you and you alone. The question is always the same; do you want to quit more than you want to smoke? You have a couple weeks invested in your quit now. Two of the toughest weeks you'll go through. Wouldn't it be a shame to waste those by throwing in the towel at this point? The more time you invest in quitting, the more reason there is to continue on with it because of that emotional investment.

You don't know what's going on with you because your whole daily life as a smoker has been turned upside down by quitting. Smoking was tied to everything you did day to day so of course you feel lost now; anxious, angry and just plain uncomfortable. You're going through the process of learning to live your life without cigarettes at every turn. Doesn't it make sense to continue with that now that you've started the process? That's how you solidify your own quit by continuing to go through your daily routine without smoking. After awhile, that will become your normal state of being and you'll even wonder why oh why you ever smoked in the first place because it will seem so un-natural to you.

The only way to get to that point is to carry on doing whay you're doing right now. All the quit symptoms you are feeling right now will slowly fade away as you become more and more established as a non-smoker. That process IS the same for all of us and that's why people are often moved to say; "If I can quit, anyone can!" The only reason any person would have to say that can't quit is if they choose not to. The ability to quit is within all of us unless we consciously choose not to.

You've done much of the heavy lifting already in these first couple of weeks. Make that count for something and carry on!

• Like 4

You have been putting nicotine and a heap of other crap in your body for decades . 
If course your going to be thrown into turmoil for a little while , but the end result is so worth it.

I call it the Nico Monster , it trying to get you back in the trap . 
We say you can do it , because we know you can .you just need it bad enough . 
I smoked 52 years , I thought I would die a smoker 

How wrong was I , every smoker can quit , your no different , 

Don’t throw away that wonderful Quit , hold on to it for your life …

• Like 4

I didnt make it. Lost my quit.

I said to myself I was brainwashing myself into the issue. I said, mentally, <this not wanting to smoke is myself brainwashing myself>. For i didnt know the reason why I wanted to quit. 

So i considered it being brainwashing myself. And so i then smoked. 

Now im holding a cigarette butt with some odd reasoning that ill stop. Again.

• Like 1