Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

found something that took my mind off smoking...

Featured Replies

it just involved smashing into a concrete tree planter on my bike. no hospital, just a very bloody elbow and a very bruised leg.

 

though effective, it's not a method i'd recommend.

 

OUCH!! what i want right now is codeine, not nicotine.

Owwwwwww! :( one never gets hurt if they sit on the couch and watch a movie

Oh, my! I'm glad you weren't seriously injured! Is your bike ruined?

 

I suggest that you soak in a hot tub, take all the painkillers you safely can and try to get a good night's sleep. Poor whackamole!  :(

Oh, so very sorry!!  Ouch!  (((WAM))) 

  • Author

Ouch!!  Was there any audience?

Fortunately and unfortunately, yes, MLQ. Two lovely young men who packed me back up and saw me on my way.

  • Author

Oh, guys, thanks and (((()))'s. I'm okay. My bike's okay. Was more of a glance off than a true smack. Slid across the road a bit but didn't get run over. My own damn fault for drinking and riding!

Ouch!

 

Glad you and the bike are okay.

 

Nice of the young men to help!

Glad you 're ok.

Next time get a designated driver :)

Ouch!!  Was there any audience?

So, my husband went out running one day (a few years ago).  When he got home, blood was running down his leg.  He had huge scratches and road rash all down the right side of his body - shoulder, elbow, thigh, knee, etc.  I was like, "Oh, my God!  What happened?" 

 

He said, "I tripped." 

 

I was like, "Are you okay???? :0!  Did anyone see you???" 

 

Another prime example of my super compassionate-ness!  LOL!  :)

Ouch you poor thing, yes codeine and chocolate and lots of chocolate should do the trick x

 

Lol petra :)

it just involved smashing into a concrete tree planter on my bike. no hospital, just a very bloody elbow and a very bruised leg.

 

though effective, it's not a method i'd recommend.

 

OUCH!! what i want right now is codeine, not nicotine.

 

Yep I´ve done the same and it true works. I would recommend it only as last resort, always considering first that cravings do not hurt, but cuts do, and that bruises last longer than cravings... and look terrible.

 

Two lovely young men who packed me back up and saw me on my way.

Next time I try it I will make sure there are young men around... :P

 

My own damn fault for drinking and riding!

 

Funny that I´ve never had any problems riding back from the beach club or the bars... it is when I go up in the mountains stone-cold sober. Maybe my drunken mind is more cautious than my sober mind, who knows ;)

 

 

I´m glad it was just a nasty shock and a few bruises. Please look after yourself, wear a helmet, and don´t drink-ride.

 

((((((((((((((((((((((((((Whackamole))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Ouch!

 

Lived to tell the tale, at least.

 

As I say ouch.

Oh my - definitely a last resort quit method I think ! Hope you heal up quick ... and Petra - any chance you are related to my husband ?? a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

Oh, guys, thanks and (((()))'s. I'm okay. My bike's okay. Was more of a glance off than a true smack. Slid across the road a bit but didn't get run over. My own damn fault for drinking and riding!

 

OH! lol I missed this.  You were drinking whilst riding the bike.  Don't drink and peddle!  QADB!!!!! (Quitters Against Drunk Biking)

did you get it on video?  Can we get a utube?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.