facebook page up and running

babs609

Because this message board is self supportive with no outside contributions, we must rely basically on our own resources to spread the word.  Please help share this information with everyone you know.  If you are on facebook...please visit our page and hit like and share!  

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quit-Smoking-Quit-Train/550498668401231

• Like 9

I would ''like'' it, but that kind of ruins the whole ''anonymous'' part, doesn't it? :D

yes....of course.  For some..this is the case, and I  respect that.  Me...I've shared my quit journey with everyone I know..LOL..cats out of the bag there already

• Like 1

One thing I noticed is that this site is hard to google...keep running into the Q

I am guessing that MQ is working on this - but things that we can do to help:

1. Google relevant phrases, and then connect to the site - you may need to go through several pages to get to this - its new!

2. Share and like on social media - FB, Twitter, anything - we are trying to create 'buzz'

3. Keep posting, tagging and 'exercising'

All of these things will help with the ranking with Google. Faster than you might think!

1. Google relevant phrases, and then connect to the site - you may need to go through several pages to get to this - its new!

2. Share and like on social media - FB, Twitter, anything - we are trying to create 'buzz'

All of these things will help with the ranking with Google. Faster than you might think!

Do you mean google quit smoking + quit train?

Hi, what do you mean by #3?

Do you mean google quit smoking + quit train?

That would work - but also Stop smoking, help stop smoking....Google measures what people click when searching - so if they notice that people who want to find 'stop smoking support' are looking for quit train - the quit train starts going up the list...its not all cause and effect - but you get the general idea.

• Like 1

Hi, what do you mean by #3?

Sorry - I meant exercising the site...

Google measures how long people spend on a site - and where they go. So - just doing what we do, going through multiple posts and threads will increase the google rating.

• Like 1

That would work - but also Stop smoking, help stop smoking....Google measures what people click when searching - so if they notice that people who want to find 'stop smoking support' are looking for quit train - the quit train starts going up the list...its not all cause and effect - but you get the general idea.

I was able to find it on Google on the 3rd page.  Actually, the second page had a link to the blog page.  On Bing?  Couldn't find it at all.

I was able to find it on Google on the 3rd page.  Actually, the second page had a link to the blog page.  On Bing?  Couldn't find it at all.

Second page is good. This will all naturally improve - as traffic hits the site. Helping it along just means that people needing support can get here quicker.