So whatcha doing?

Brioski

• 2 weeks later...

I just spent five damn minutes opening a pack of cheese and peanut butter crackers and now am exhausted!

And don't even get me started on opening a pouch  or jammer of Kool-Aid 😠

spacer.png 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!!

Any of you guys or gals ever had hernia repair surgery?  Tomorrow morning my husband is having the repair surgery and we are both so scared!!!  From what the doctor told him a few weeks ago, if all goes well, it's only a 30 minute procedure with a one inch incision.  I think it's laparoscopic.  He will be taking off from work for 2 1/2 weeks and then after that he has to be on light duty for another 4 weeks, no lifting of anything more than 15 pounds.  

I am so scared!!  I hope all will go well. 🙏🙏 We have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 7AM!!  Please say a prayer for him!! Thanks everyone!!💗

Gday

I've had 2 hernia repairs now. Ones near 40 years old now. The only thing you have to fear is fear itself. Trust me he’ll be a bit of a winger for a few days after the drugs wear off but he’ll come good fast. And the results? Great he’ll be glad he got it done.

I ‘ll pray for strength…..

Chris

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone!! 🥰 The surgery went very well and we have been home for a few hours now.  He doesn't have any pain but the doc gave him a script for Oxycodone just in case.  Hopefully he won't need it.  He took a nice nap after he had lunch and has been talking to some friends so I think he will be just fine!  He said that tomorrow he is gonna go for a long walk.  He has to go next week for his post op.  Glad it's all over now.  Thanks again! 😁

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

In conjunction with upcoming Earth Day, there's a "cigarette butt" challenge that takes place every year in Toronto. The challenge is to see how many people they can get out to pick up cigarette butts in the course of the day. Their goal is to pick up 1 millions butts but to date, they have so far fallen a little short of that number.

I didn't hear how many they got today yet but there was some coverage on the evening news that showed people dropping off lage plastic bags full of dirty, soggy discarded cigarette butts.

Here's a link to the local story:

https://www.agreenerfuture.ca/events-list/2024-butt-blitz-toronto

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jillar said:

You'll have to let us know how many you guys ended up collecting @Reciprocity 😊 

I'll do a search in a day or so & see if I can find out. These types of positive action stories tend to fade from the media spotlight quickly though only to be replaced by the next negative drama playing out somewhere around the city.

• Like 2

We are spending a lot of time fox-watching these days. Our resident red fox couple had 9 (!) babies this year. They are about 8 weeks old now and are rowdy, playful, curious critters… and they have made a den under our shed in our back yard. Total mayhem. They are practicing stalking and pouncing (on each other) and spend a lot of time tossing around play “prey” of sticks and leaves and an old squirrel tail (ew). They also bury their invented toys, then dig them up again, then rebury them. And they get the zoomies and run around like miniature maniacs. Our flower beds are pretty much toast. But we don’t mind. The parents are attentive and incredibly patient, even when all 9 kits are being super annoying… biting, tugging on their tails, etc. We know the odds of all 9 kits surviving are slim, so we are trying not to get attached. But they are too adorable for words.  We are smitten in spite of ourselves.

exported_861F78C2-B49C-40D5-AD59-BD096573ABFD.JPG

Edited by DenaliBlues
  • Like 5

Out of all the wild animals around I find foxes fascinating. Haven't had much opportunity to see them much though and certainly not up close and with a bunch of newborns. How fortunate you guys are that they're right there at your house!

• Like 4

Went for a drive close to where I live today and noticed the peach trees are in full bloom now.

I wasn't too surprised because the pear tree in my back yard has also just bloomed this week.

Just had my phone so the pic doesn't do them justice. They were a glorious pink!

454797526_PeachTreesFlowering.jpg.ec34a2bd5bc3294bc9c93ccbbef2fc4c.jpg

Edited by Reciprocity
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2