My journey......and what it means to me.....

Doreensfree

1year ago,I knew I was in deep doo doo,doc told me....stop smoking or you risk losing your two feet...

My ankles were very sore and covered in black bruises,I looked like I had been battered with a bat...

Nicky was with me....when we got home...she sat me down ,with tears running down her cheeks...

She begged,mum please,do something ,try and quit....fight....I made my promise.....

Knew I couldn't do it alone....I smoked 52 years....I knew I had a job on....

I couldn't have imagined the support I have had....with the board help....I fought like hell.....

Doc has given me the all clear,my bruises have gone,so has the pain....I love my quit....

I love....the proud grin on my 6ft strapping son,when his 4ft 11 ins 63 year old mum says....

I'll race ya....slow coach...when we go on our bikes....

I love......doing the same qi gong and chai chi class as nicky.....not quite got the belly dancing thing yet...

I love.....playing football with my young grandson......because he knows granddad has oxygen mask and carnt play....

And I'm sure I have lots still to do....

Thanking you guys.....doesn't sound much......

But I do and it comes from the heart.....

Love to you all xxxx

• Like 21

Your post brought tears to my eyes.

I´ve been away for too long and haven´t kept up with everybody´s circumstances. Now I see yours were really important, and you fought and won.

I´m mega-proud of you, and I´m sure you are too.

Love :give_heart:

• Like 2

Doreen, I've had a very rough day and you've brought tears of joy to my eyes.  You beat this horrible addiction and took your freedom back.  I love how much inner strength you have and always find the time to say a kind word and support others when I know you must have a lot on your plate to deal with.  You're a good woman and wish I lived down the road from you so we could sit and talk over some coffee (perfectly brewed, of course) or whatever you drink. 

Congrats on your 1 year and keep on going!  :)

• Like 5

Struggled to answer this as my eyes kept watering, silly eyes :)

I am pleased you got the help and support needed and that you can do all the things you do now, and kept your feet. Feet are most excellent to have and hold.

Your story is powerful and resonated with me from the first time you posted. I have no doubts you caused that feeling for many many people Doreen, your kind and gentle ways will do that for people. I am happy people helped you so you could contribute to my quit, I get that's selfish but I will also pay it forward so all's fair etc. 

I think you are a pretty awesome lady and it would seem all who come into contact with you, be it family or online, notice that.  You are good peoples.

Celebrate every part of your quit, you deserve it!

x

• Like 2

Doreen, have you ever met a couple and you can physically feel the love between them ?  They may be standing 10 feet from each other but you can feel it. 

That's you.  And what you are to this board.  We may never lay eyes on you, may never see your face..... but each one of us can feel your tender heart.  Your kind soul.  How much you care about each and every one of us. 

You are such a blessing to us.  I can only imagine what a blessing you are to your family. 

We are so lucky to have you.   You are truly the epitome of inspiration. 

Thank you.

• Like 3