5 days in and muscles are very weak

Dizzy

I’m about 5 days in to my quit now, and I have quit smoking cannabis and tobacco at the same time. 10 year pack a day smoker. I’m noticing since day 2 my legs and overall body have just felt very weak, is this normal ? I knew I would be very tired, but I feel like I can barely use my muscles at the moment. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the site, @Dizzy  Congratulations on quitting smoking and cannabis at the same time.  

I'm not sure what to say about weak muscles but I hope other members can chime in.  Not sure why you post showed up a week later than when you posted it but hopefully you are still around.

Below is a link as to how to best navigate this forum.  Welcome, you are doing a good thing by leaving the smokes behind.  It is good to have you here.

• Like 5

Welcome aboard @Dizzy, I hope you're feeling better by now. Quitting smoking can bring about some strange symptoms.  I remember my tongue hurt lol. These are all temporary and will go away with time quit. You could try taking a multivitamin if you don't already and make sure to listen to your body. If it's craving sweets, give it sweets. Sleep, then go lay down. It's hard at work trying to clean up the damage done by smoking.

It never hurts to have a check up with your Dr after quitting to ease your mind if nothing else plus you'll get lots of kudos from them for quitting.

• Like 4

Welcome aboard @Dizzy! You are doing a great and wonderful thing by quitting smoking. I remember not wanting to do anything but curl up under blankets and being a mental mess, but not physically weak. I hope that it has worked itself out by now. I hate that for some reason your post of December 3rd is only being seen now. I hope that you  are still with us. 

• Like 4

On 12/3/2022 at 1:08 PM, Dizzy said:

I’m about 5 days in to my quit now, and I have quit smoking cannabis and tobacco at the same time. 10 year pack a day smoker. I’m noticing since day 2 my legs and overall body have just felt very weak, is this normal ? I knew I would be very tired, but I feel like I can barely use my muscles at the moment. 

Towards the end of week one and into week two of my quit, I do remember feeling lethargic at times only to feel very energetic a few moments later.  It was a roller coaster ride there for a few days.  

It takes the body a while to sort things out after quitting smoking.  Cigarettes have an adverse effect on every system in the body.  That's the bad news.  The good news is: our body's ability to heal itself is nothing short of miraculous.

Hang in there Dizzy.  You're getting better by the minute.

• Like 4