Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rough day

Featured Replies

Having a bit of a struggle the last couple days!!

I know if I give in I will not try again. This group

has been so great, but my tools I have learned

just aren't working. Thanks for listening to my

many rants.

Sorry things are tough for you right now @Linda hope it will get better.

I just finished Allen Carr's book The Easy Way, been reading a little here and there.

While I was confident in (the fight) my quit early on, it really helped me make sense some things. 

Hang in there! 

Do you really want to go back to all the bad stuff that comes with smoking ...

Besides the nasty killer illnesses....all that miserable stuff that goes with this addiction ...

Fight Linda ....take it one minute at time if you have too.....

We are all rooting for you ...🐸

Hang in there, Linda,  You do not want to go back to smoking.  You've put too much into this.  A cigarette will do nothing good for you.

Hi Linda

punch the wall , scream and shout,  cry, have a shower, go to bed or for a walk!

ANYTHING…. BUT DO NOT SMOKE!
it solves nothing, and  will spiral you into a depression that you will most definately want to claw your way out of again.

you are doing so well, bad days will always happen as a smoker or not.

Dig deep and find that positivity and determination to hang on to your great quit.

I am sending you positive vibes ☺️

5 hours ago, Linda said:

Having a bit of a struggle the last couple days!!

I know if I give in I will not try again. This group

has been so great, but my tools I have learned

just aren't working. Thanks for listening to my

many rants.

i am so sorry to hear you are struggling Linda.  Sometimes we all just need to vent, so vent.  get it out of your system.  we understand it. you understand it.  anyway you overcome the urge is the right way.  sending some positive energy your way.

  • Author

Still struggling, but haven't smoked so I guess I'm hanging

In thanks for checking @Doreensfree

Way to go Linda!

You got this.....you are no longer a slave to nicotine. 

Edited by overcome

I’m really sorry that you’re going through a tough time, @Linda. Hang in there. Smoking never made anything better… just stinkier. 
 

Hi @Linda sorry to hear you were struggling, but well done you coming here and posting and not picking up a cig!  I think when we get through struggles it makes us feel stronger, I hope you are through this little bump in the road and feeling better this week.

I hate that you had some bad days Linda, but thankful that you’ve made it through without lighting up. You are a very tenacious fighter. You always get back up. While I’ve seen so many others just give up and disappear, you are still here. Holding on and fighting for your very life like no other. Please don’t give in. You CAN do this. You’ve been doing it everyday. Even when you slipped. There is someone inside of you that desperately wants to live free and unchained. Set her free. 🤗

Hang in there Linda. Better days are ahead of for you. You are great and every time you beat the crave you will get stronger and more confident the next time if there is a next time. Best wishes and stay the course.

 

Hey Linda - how are you doing? I hope things are a lot better. 😊

  • Author

Still a little struggle going on, but doing ok.

Thanks for asking.

Well done Linda, glad your doing ok. I used to go to bed early and listen to relaxation videos on YouTube to relax and de-stress.

have lots of treats and stay positive.

 

Well if nothing else is of help I would recommend...

 

helping others.  

 

By focusing attention on the needs of others you no longer focus on your own situation.

 

Prayer can also work if you have a spiritual bent and can be combined with many chores (dish washing, vacuuming, etc.) that you could do

in your effort to help others.

 

I recommend the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi.  It makes a good mantra as well.

 

https://www.cathedralstm.org/about-our-catholic-faith/expressing-our-faith/treasury-catholic-prayers/prayer-st-francis-assisi-prayer-peace/

 

 

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.