Asking for help -

Evelyn

ALL freaking day I've been craving and I know it's mental because I'm trying to cope with emotional pain, so usually I'd run for a cigarette. NOT going to NOW!
I've got some 90's music on and you'd say do a walk, but I can hardly walk and have bad asthma (HUGE reason not to light one) and the humidity is high so cycling is not really a smart idea. 
I WANT to pull through. Music is helping, nothing on telly and my smoking neighbor downstairs is usually where I flee to, but I'm resisting. Rather be superwoman like Bakon said.
Just needed to write it down. Comments welcome. 

Sorry for posting an SOS but I'd rather post one then coming back in an hour and having to tell I smoked. I want to kick this habbit

• Like 2

Best thing I would do it not focus on what you can't have (a smoke) but focus on what you can have (coffee/a dance to fab 90's hits)

Search you mind Evelyn for other times in your life where you pulled through, against the odds- empower yourself mentality.

I totally get that this is not a 'run of the mill' quit like the rest of us have had, you're doing amazing Super Evelyn....So proud of you xx

Keep singing, keep dancing and remember the urges will go......

• Like 1

very proud of you    super evelyn looks like you have a new name now    wow wtg   keep posting  play some computer games  or read post just stay busy helps take your mind off things  nothing wrong in asking for help we all need help some times  

very proud of you    super evelyn looks like you have a new name now    wow wtg   keep posting  play some computer games  or read post just stay busy helps take your mind off things  nothing wrong in asking for help we all need help some times  

Absolutely! That's the power of a place like this. Ask for help and you will get more than enough!

• Like 3

Evelyn, you will not do what you don't want to do.  Find that little morsel in your mind that keeps telling you that you want to be a non smoker and continuously bring it to the forefront.

And then teach a guinea pig how to dance.   

You know the drill.  You can do this.  But only you can do it and only if you truly want it. 

• Like 1

asthma, humidity, got to watch but I would suggest some movement next time, even for the thre minutes the crave is the worse. just walk to the corner and back. doesn't need to be a workout. it helps to distract the mind, get blood flow up and raise the endorfines.

• Like 2