On a scale of 1-10

and 01 is so easy peasy that I don't remember what a cigarette looks like and 10 is handcuff my ass to the bed, I'm on my way out to smoke......... Thursday was a 7-8, yesterday was a freaking 15 !! But today, it's like a 2-3.

I still had to chase the dog across a wet pasture this morning but this time, I wasn't near as angry. And work, we'll it's just work.

I'm feeling better. Thanks y'all so much !!!! I don't know that I would have been able to say I've made it to day 36 if it hadn't been for y'all.

• Like 11

MarylandQuitter makes a VERY Excellent and very important point. 

Good days, bad days.  We all have them.  If it wasn't for days rated as a 15, we wouldn't enjoy the 2&3 days as much.  :)  Very proud of you.

That right there can lead to the junkie side of an addicts persona taking the wheel and slamming on the gas. Lets all be honest, how many of us have thought,  "Hell, this isn't bad at all! In fact, this is SO easy, that i can probably go pick up a pack of smokes, and just quit again tomorrow."

Its those "15" days that keep us in check. You survive those, and then enjoy the 2-3 or 1-2 days, while remembering that if you quit quitting, those 15's will ALWAYS BE THERE waiting for you. Yet if you stay quit, eventually, those 15 days never come around anymore. They get tired of playing a game they cannot win with someone who is determined to never put all of those toxic chemicals into their bodies ever again.

Im really glad to see that you survived! Nicely done!

• Like 5

MarylandQuitter makes a VERY Excellent and very important point. 

That right there can lead to the junkie side of an addicts persona taking the wheel and slamming on the gas. Lets all be honest, how many of us have thought,  "Hell, this isn't bad at all! In fact, this is SO easy, that i can probably go pick up a pack of smokes, and just quit again tomorrow."

Its those "15" days that keep us in check. You survive those, and then enjoy the 2-3 or 1-2 days, while remembering that if you quit quitting, those 15's will ALWAYS BE THERE waiting for you. Yet if you stay quit, eventually, those 15 days never come around anymore. They get tired of playing a game they cannot win with someone who is determined to never put all of those toxic chemicals into their bodies ever again.

Im really glad to see that you survived! Nicely done!

Bravo!  Very well said and so true.  :)    Those "15" days will come to an end, you've just got get some time get between you and your last cigarette. 

• Like 1

Tiffany,

Wishing you the best. I hope this is your sticky. I wish I could help you, but all I can do is watch and hope. I've been doing that for years. Hang in there. Lot's of us watching you. And hoping this is it. I think about people I have met on the quit sites who keep up the fight and keep relapsing and I hope to read one day that they have finally found it.

Quitting is easy. The hard part is what you are doing now, in keeping the quit. 

hugs,

Markus

• Like 5