Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tough day

Featured Replies

Not sure why but really wanting to smoke today. Went for a walk, did not seem to help. I know it will pass.

Just kind of down today!! Here is the broken record again

24 minutes ago, Linda said:

Here is the broken record again

I hate the days such as this.  They do get easier, but still. They do tend to bring us down. 

Mamma sàid there'd be says like this . Quitting smoking has those kinda days too . You recognize it for what it is and let it pass . It will . 

Good job walking anyway , even though you felt it didn't help you took action to make a change in your thoughts . Anything else you could do ? 

 

Edited by Abby

Focus on something you enjoy. Distract yourself. I like to watch those goofy home fixer upper shows on HGTV. Something about them comforts me. I enjoy watching something messy become beautiful again.  Isn’t that kind of what we are all doing for ourselves? We are literally clearing the air, cleaning up our act, and becoming, once again, who we were meant to be, before we veered off the tracks onto the addiction path. If we focus on something interesting, we have no time to think about smoking.

When you feel down watch Cops or one of those Judge shows makes you feel like a million bucks

  • Author

Well I know it will pass I hope Just slot of shit going on all at once. Overwhelming shit.

I don't even like myself when I'm like this so I just need to say f..k it tonight. Thanks for listening

  • Author

@AceWhite I found judge Judy she said she saw you at the bowling alley😀

4 hours ago, Linda said:

Here is the broken record again

Just keep playing it Linda.  We are here to listen.  You are so much stronger than the crave.  Just keep pushing forward.  Life never gets any easier but you will become stronger every day and find that you are better able to cope with smoking.

It is a new day!  We made it thru another day because I felt the same way last night. I wanted to wave the flag of defeat. Again I feel good, I did not keep any cigs and it was pouring rain, the thunder and lightning, kept me in check!

My dogs went crazy, I am dreading the fire works. The 80# chow is the worst.  Nonstop running around the house and this boy has a big loud voice.

 

This was the first morning I woke up without that need to smoke first thing.

You know we all don't like that one. I also know it will be back.  I am grateful to have the break, however long or short.

Linda I hope you wake with the same feeling and have a great day!

K

 

 

 

  • Author

@Kris  It does get better but some days are worse than others Just have to hang in there!

Kris that is so cool right. Wait one day you won't want that bed time ciggie.  etc. It's gonna happen! Glad u feel better Linda. Great job just posting and not smoking!

Angeleek, 

For me the worst is the morning, at night I just try to curl up in the bed and just let it go.

K

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.