Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Smoke Free Birthday!

Featured Replies

Today I turned 66 and it is the first smoke free birthday I have had for more than 40 years! I feel ashamed writing that last part of the sentence, but I am happy to be smoke free today. I hope this is the first of many smoke free birthdays. I'm off to celebrate! Cheers, Robbie

WooHoo! That’s excellent Robbie! We are so proud of you! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I to have just had my first non smoking birthday on May 20th. It's a great feeling to enjoy my birthday and every new day as a non smoker.

Happy Birthday Robbie!. May you stay smoke free and have many more!

  • Author

Thanks everyone, it was a good day, but I had a few thoughts about buying some cigarettes as in the state where I live we go into lockdown for 7 days starting at midnight. It was very sudden. I guess that cigarettes have always been a source of 'comfort' for me even though they were killing me and all afternoon I was picking up on other people's anxiety about the lockdown. People are panic buying everywhere and stocking up on loads of toilet paper! I don't think this is just an Australian thing, maybe it gives people a sense of control when things seem out of control, I really don't know. Anyway, I totally hate these lockdowns as I'm alone and find it extremely lonely, so I may spend some time on this forum. This week will be another unwanted test for me in my quit journey! Lucky I got to have a good birthday before lockdown starts again...

Awww man. Locked down again?! That really sucks. You get on here as much as you want to. We are here for you and this week will be over before you know it! I am glad that you got to enjoy your birthday though!

Happy Birthday Robbie! How truly wonderful and empowering not only for you but others like me here :) that had a smoke free birthday. I was feeling the shame the other day too that it has taken me till now to quit but I can't change that...can change every day forward though and that is a good place for us to be. I so happy you had a smoke free birthday. Honestly that is the best gift!

Happy Birthday Robbie and congratulations on being smoke-free.

 

Twice the reasons to celebrate.

Congratulations on your first smoke free birthday, Robbie!  Celebrate big!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.