Hope for today

Linda

Wow ,seems like I can go along and doing very good and then I have a day that its like something hits me like oh I thought I was over this smoking crap!!!

Back to one day at a time.Growing One Day At A Time GIF by INTO ACTION

• Like 5

You will persevere @Linda! I have faith in you! I have days where I find myself subconsciously reaching for my cigarettes when I’m busy and near one of those areas. Sometimes, as I’m leaving I stand at my door and spend an inordinate amount of time running through my checklist because I just know that I’ve forgotten something. HaHa It’s mental! Completely mental! And so annoying! I do hope that you have a sun shiny day! My thoughts will be with you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Two things:

- seasonal triggers persist for a full year. Not all the time but occasionally as the seasons change and you start doing you haven't done yet as a non-smoker. That's why it's recommended that you hang in here for a full year so you have somewhere to voice what's happening to you.

- You are developing new daily routines and methods of coping with life's issues without cigarettes. You need to repeat these new daily routines and coping methods over and over again before your brain doesn't automatically remind you that you should be having a smoke. It's a long, boring process but it WILL work for you!

Both of you, @Linda & @AceWhite are largely over the really tough daily grind of quitting. Now it's more of a stay on guard and practice your new, non-smoking, daily routines situation. Put up with the odd down day because you know that you will have more and more really great days ahead!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately @Linda and @AceWhite we are all addicts and will always have that occasional crave of having a smoke.  Just know that giving into that crave is what keeps you hooked on the addiction.  Always know that your are stronger than that crave.  You have conquered the toughest part of quitting, so breath deep and remember that you are not going to let that addiction control you anymore!

• Like 3