Disappointment

Linda

Today has not been a good day!!! Been doing pretty good. Something happened today that I am trying hard not let set me back on this journey.I know tomorrow will be better but letting things get to me that I can not control. Its times like this you realize who your true friends are!  Thanks for letting me rant.

• Like 1

Oh no Linda, I'm sorry you're not having a good day. I hope venting here helps a little to make you feel better and I know for a fact that keeping your quit WILL make you feel better and realize you're worth it 🤗

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Linda said:

Its times like this you realize who your true friends are! 

Rant away Linda.  We have your back and care.  Celebrate your commitment to your quit and that you can handle the disappointments in life.  Unfortunately, they are always going to be there.

• Like 3

@Linda I am sorry that life is throwing you some curves right now. I hope that things will be better for you soon. You've got a lot of time and effort invested in your quit. Please don't throw it away. You already feel bad about your life situation, and if you give up your quit you will only feel worse. I need you to hang in here with me! We are about all that is left of the people who quit when we did! Smile if you can!

Jeff

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JH63 said:

@Linda I am sorry that life is throwing you some curves right now. I hope that things will be better for you soon. You've got a lot of time and effort invested in your quit. Please don't throw it away. You already feel bad about your life situation, and if you give up your quit you will only feel worse. I need you to hang in here with me! We are about all that is left of the people who quit when we did! Smile if you can!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff

• Like 2

Linda I found with long and tedious tasks that if I just get started and keep telling my self

I got this much done and in a bit I got even more done anf then one of those times I going to say hey I am done.

I also found by doing things with  People that don't smoke or even never smoked it helped me figure out what to do with the spare time instead of thinking about smoking. the best thing was I decided I could make those unique water fountains and wind chimes. so when I am out my head and eyes are now looking for thing I can make a fountain out of and then making them.

Busy hands and mind help fill the time away from the smoking thoughts I have developed.

• Like 4

Thank you Linda, It is My pleasure to assist where I can.

My grandfather was a very wise man and I loved him dearly, he always had these sayings to help me get thru life and most have stuck with me.

Lets see if you can decipher the wisdom of a couple of them.

You never mow your neighbors yard until you have mowed yours.

Think and dream large, it is always better to have too much than not enough.

Just a couple I have at the top of my head

Edited by Opah
  • Like 4

"You have your grandfather's wisdom I'm sure he is proud of you"

You know I believe we have a serious shortage of wise Loving old Grandfathers.

I only hope that with my quit I live long enough and set the example well enough

For my grand children.  

If you think about it you can be that Grand father or mother you so dearly loved,

Years down the line your grand baby's will be talking about the Grand Parent they so dearly loved, and they will became a image of  you and pass the love on.

Such a beautiful Past, present and future that we have control of !

My grand father image.thumb.png.522e298dd0bbdef36b31726e063e5531.png

The future Grand Parents

image.thumb.png.660d93458559bc284469eac5b601b7ee.png

image.thumb.png.58764841f31376efcbcc80593e2987f6.png

Such an awesome responsibility  Dont you Think ?

Smoke free and health for he future grandparents !

Edited by Opah
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Man I am feeling very grounded today, Happy for where I am and where I am heading.

Smoking doesn't even have a thought, God Fresh crisp Air, puppy breath, a bay's sour milk head.  All smells I am still looking forward to enjoying.

My baby's and Grand baby's  will remember Opah's British Sterling and for those who will hunt with me Our Baby wipe bath smell.  My children hug me and hold on now, they don't hold their breathe any more.   So much has been added to my life and it has gotten to where I must take off my boots to count them. Mornings such as today my the whole process of quitting worth while.  That first hug that they hold on and whisper that they love you and you get the second and third squeeze before they let go.

I am Full, happy and looking at the future with eyes wide open, eager for what is ahead of me.

Sorry guys I could just ramble on and on right now .

I FEEL GOOD !

• Like 2

Wow Opah what a wonderful tribute to your grandfather. I am sure you are a wonderful grandfather passing down the wisdom

Glad you are feeling so good today. That positive attitude will get you far on the road to your new adventure

• Like 2