Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!! :-)

Featured Replies

It just clicked. Lately  I've been bothered by the fact that I'm sleeping about four hours longer than usual and when I wake up I still feel dopey and tired. Once I wake up I'm fine but this is so out of the norm for me and its very unpleasant.

 

How many of us had that reaction to quitting? Maybe my body needs more sleep in order to heal the damage of the last 40 years!!!!

I experienced that when I quit smoking cold turkey 4 years ago.  I thought that I would have all this extra time because I wouldn't be taking smoke breaks.  I was disappointed to learn that I would need a lot more sleep.  In time, it got a little better but I never did go back to how I was as a smoker.  Makes sense though with nicotine being a stimulant.

I actually slept less for the first two months of my quit. I'm actually just starting to get 6-7 hours asleep a night. It's a slightly restless sleep but sleep no the less.

No, I didn't sleep more, but I do agree that your body has lots of healing to do & for you that is extra sleep! smileys-sleeping-804559.gif

  • Author

Thanks all....yeah I am sleeping 10-11 hrs a day instead of my usual 7-8 and feel like a truck hit me when I wake up. I'm not glad you all went thru sleep changes but I'm glad I'm not alone

Yes without that stimulant your body is tired. Good for you! Rest is great!

15 hours ago, idontsmoke said:

Thanks all....yeah I am sleeping 10-11 hrs a day instead of my usual 7-8 and feel like a truck hit me when I wake up. I'm not glad you all went thru sleep changes but I'm glad I'm not alone

 

Oh wow, I went from sleeping 5-6 hours to sleeping 8-9 hours.  Then I normalized at about 7 hours.  You'll probably sleep less as time goes on.  zzzzzz

  • Author

Thanks Mona, I think I will eventually. Last night I slept 8 hours....wanted to go back to sleep but made myself stay up and so far I feel okay. I'll take a nap later if I feel the need but I wanted to at least try to get back to normal. I'm glad its normalized for you.

Surprisingly I've not noticed any changes to my sleeping pattern.  I sleep on average about 6 hours a day.  Probably because I'm getting old 🤷‍♂️ 

I slept more during my quit.  I so welcomed it because it helped me get through the tough part.  Just go with the flow idontsmoke.  Your life will improve every day!

 

Also sleep longer now that there are no withdrawal cravings forcing me awake every morning 

 

 

I slept more during my early quit. I was extra tired anyway, at times it was hard to keep awake, so glad to get into bed, much better than being awake and craving all the time. 

Do whatever your body tells  you, just go with the flow. Enjoy the extra rest, and or time relaxing watching a film, or listening to relaxing music.

I also liked listening to hypnotherapy on youtube, their soothing voices would send me to sleep. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.