Posting Your Milestone

jillar

just got to   3 years last sunday hello to the regulars that remember me from when I joined,keep up the no smoking,and to all the ones just starting out,good luck and stick with it,it can be done as hard as it is, theres a lot of people here that are proof of that !

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Old Man Coffee said:

Three months quit today!!!!

40776584d31fd2094891c8f666048e6f25b7b925

Congratulations, Old Man Coffee on your Three Months of Freedom !

How are you feeling ?  How have the adjustments been going ?

6 hours ago, pedro68 said:

just got to   3 years last sunday hello to the regulars that remember me from when I joined,keep up the no smoking,and to all the ones just starting out,good luck and stick with it,it can be done as hard as it is, theres a lot of people here that are proof of that !

and Pedro !  Congratulations on your Three Years of Freedom !

Hope everything is going great for you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Old Man Coffee said:

Three months quit today!!!!

7 hours ago, pedro68 said:

Double thumbs-up.

image.png.c878654b5557b8824c558a2fb0093fc5.pngimage.png.c878654b5557b8824c558a2fb0093fc5.png

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 6:30 PM, Sazerac said:

Congratulations, Old Man Coffee on your Three Months of Freedom !

How are you feeling ?  How have the adjustments been going ?

Still going strong.  the main issue I'm having right now is that I suffer from very sharp, acute bouts of anxiety.  When these bouts come on I feel like someone has reached inside my stomach and is squeezing my guts.  This and the tension throughout my body feels an awful like nicotine withdraw, so I crave the smokes.  What I realize is that it is really the anxiety and that I have kicked the physical need for nicotine- the cigarette will not help it.

Otherwise, I'm enjoying my freedom everyday.  I feel so proud that I have been able to do what a great number of people seem to find impossible and this forum has been a major factor in that.  Thank you all for everything!

• Like 4

I am so sorry you are feeling such anxiety, @Old Man Coffee

Nicotine often hides other medical issues we have so, do not hesitate to consult a health professional with your concerns.

Also, caffeine is known to stimulate anxiety

and here is a post from our friend, Joel Spitzer, about

Possible Changes In Caffeine Tolerance

Due to BP issues, I decided to quit caffeine too a year, or so, ago.

The withdrawals were physically difficult and I don't recommend cold turkey but, I am really glad to be rid of that addiction too. 

If you ever think about quitting caffeine, you may find this thread helpful.

Caffeine Withdrawal

On the bright side, I am so glad you are appreciating and enjoying your Freedom.

You will see many more benefits manifesting as the months/years pass.

Thank you for sharing your quit with all of us.

Your experiences and successes are sure to inspire.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...