Life ever after The Quit is more than Nic.

Lust4Life

I smoked a pack of JACS tonight.  Tsk tsk for shame on me. Maybe not a whole pack.  A bunch of tokes over the course of an hour or so.  I'm over 2 years quit and I needed my fix.  Life happens.  People suck.  Wine is delicious. A moment to reflect.  To feel, think, hear my breath, feel my lungs inflate.   Inflate with the unaltered air surrounding me.  

JACs are Jillar's Air Cigs.  I coined the phrase in 2016.  Back then I was a straw smoker.  It worked.  For me and maybe others.  The battle I fought wasn't really the nicotine.  It was the ritual.  The inhales and exhales.  Screw yoga.  There was something therapeutic about watching the smoke.  I tried NON-nicotine alternatives to mimic the fluid dynamics of those streams- before I quit quitting and Quit.  The "smoke" was therapeutic.   This is another battle to fight and overcome when quitting.  So much is focused on the nicotine addiction.  There is a mental addiction that is, for some like me, more difficult to overcome.  

So- for those like me that were more addicted to the act of smoking- do not be ashamed to pretend to smoke thr/ a straw or thr/ your own pursed lips against your fingers.  The end usually justifies the means.  Figure out how and why you wish to live a longer and healthier life and make it happen.  It will suck along the way.  Be sure to stop and breathe unaltered air. 

• Like 10

Yeah, going through the motions without inhaling nicotine is harmless. Placebo effect maybe.

It is kind of like punching something soft and pretending it is the neighbor or boss you hate. It offers a small part of the satisfaction but with none of the consequence.

• Like 3

No question in my mind that all the other things surrounding nicotine addiction are the things that take the longest to readjust to. Otherwise, we'd be fine after a few days not pumping nicotine into our bodies. Oh no. It's all those mental associations we need to break. That's what takes the time and is what really tests our determination to break free of this addiction once and for all.

• Like 4

I missed the ceremony of Fire.

Not clear on whether I really missed it or if it was the voice of the addict.

I used matches to start my stove instead of the automatic spark for a while

then, forgot about the 'ceremony of Fire'.

• Like 2

I also used deep breathing but, didn't need the hand to mouth action so much.

Taking a break on my back stoop to think with a smoke was a serious pattern

but,

taking the break on my back stoop to think and breathe became the sustainable ritual.

Oxygen is delicious.

• Like 4

I remember the JAC and good to see that most here understand the what ever it takes is good,

if sucking on a sraw, pincel, pretzel or what ever helps ease that nagging I want to smoke urge its a good thing.

For me it was and is Hard candy and I have sucked a long hard slow breath between my puckered lips on more

than one occation. 

Thank you Jill its been a while and I really want you to know,  you were, you are and you always will be appreciated

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sarge sucked on an empty E-Cig for a good 3 weeks.  Shaped like a cigarette. Looked like a cigarette. Gave him something to put in his hands and suck on like a cigarette ... but just sucking air. Sarge's Pops tried quitting with E-Cigs and it still hasn't worked for Pops Sarge to this day ... but the empty sucking of air really worked in those first few weeks for Sarge himself. 

EZPZ

• Like 2