a year of failure

christine 12

it has been a year of failure for me, i have tried to quit so many times since jan 2 2018, i lost count.

i am into 24 hours of my current quit attempt. last night i woke up probably 20 times, cant nap either. i know i am getting rem sleep, i remember dreams, but i am sure i am not getting deep sleep. i dont feel rested,and my brain fog is terrible. my chakras are all crazy. i know this is a battle of the wills, but i am unsure who the battle is with

• Like 4

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble quitting C12 ? 

Are you drinking lots of water and fruit juice to help blood sugar levels? Those may help with the sleep disorder but, sleep pattern interruption is pretty common for many while quitting.

Are you quitting cold turkey or are you using NRT products? 

Reading all you can about nicotine addiction to understand how it affects your brain and your body is crucial to forming a long lasting quit. There's a ton of Joel videos here too that will address specific situations that may be of interest to you. Use this information as best you can - it will help!

I hope you can find a way to stick with it this time Christine because you deserve to be free of this horrible addiction. Know that it IS possible for you as it is for anyone truly wanting it.

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble quitting C12 ? 

Are you drinking lots of water and fruit juice to help blood sugar levels? Those may help with the sleep disorder but, sleep pattern interruption is pretty common for many while quitting.

Are you quitting cold turkey or are you using NRT products? 

Reading all you can about nicotine addiction to understand how it affects your brain and your body is crucial to forming a long lasting quit. There's a ton of Joel videos here too that will address specific situations that may be of interest to you. Use this information as best you can - it will help!

I hope you can find a way to stick with it this time Christine because you deserve to be free of this horrible addiction. Know that it IS possible for you as it is for anyone truly wanting it.

cold turkey

• Like 3

Sorry you lost your quit again Christine. I stayed glued to the forum for my whole first year. I found reading, supporting, celebrating and socializing really helped keep my mind off my misery. You also should be posting an SOS whenever you feel yourself caving to a crave. I did and my quit was saved at least twice. No shame in doing it if it means your forever quit right?!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, christine 12 said:

cold turkey

Maybe speak to a DR. or pharmacy person to get recommendations on Smoking cessation options? It might help you? I quit cold turkey too but it's not for everyone.

And by the way, you are not a failure - just haven't found what works for you yet. It WILL come because I can tell you want it to. Just have to find the right path to take :) 

• Like 5

Hi C....

First congrats on you wanting to quit again....never give up giving up....

Educate yourself here ...there is so much to learn about this addiction... Knowledge is what you fight it with ...

You have to be stronger than the Nico monster....

A good read is Allen Carr the Easy Way ...this book has help millions ....

Watch all joels video,s....

Read all the green pinned  posts on the main board ...great information.....

You can do it ....you just need to want it bad enough...and never take another puff.... Ever...no matter what ....

• Like 5

Hi C 12,  it is good that you are posting.  We know you truly want to quit.  I think if you can just get yourself through the first week, the craves are much more manageable.

Like Reciprocity said, you might try NRT or talk with your doctor.  I also found it helpful to stay close to the forum and read everything you can.  We are here to help guide you through this, just shout out!

• Like 4

Don't forget about the SOS page either please! This is a life saver in the early days if things become overwhelming. Just post up and peeps will come running to talk you off the ledge (so to speak) :) 

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, christine 12 said:

it has been a year of failure for me, i have tried to quit so many times since jan 2 2018, i lost count.

A year of success is right there in front of you.  You just have to reach out and grab it.

Commit to the process.  Take smoking off the table.  Invest in yourself.  Choose freedom.

There is no reason you can't enjoy the same freedom the rest of us enjoy.  You just have to make that one decision and stick with it.

• Like 6

Hello Christine,

I am a cold turkey success story.

It was easier for me to just DO IT 

rather than deal with NRTs.

You must embrace the suck no matter what method you choose to quit,

it is a serious deadly addiction and the only real choice is to 

NEVER SMOKE AGAIN.

Sure, you will have discomfort but, so what....the rewards far outweigh any distress.

Please educate yourself,

commit to yourself and protect your quit.

You Will Succeed.

• Like 7

Repeat what the chick above said.

I grabbed the word NOPE. I said it 100000 times a day. If I never took a puff I couldn't fail.

also like A puff away from a pack a day.

keep Marching

• Like 2