Whats for dinner?

Evelyn

This is the roast I'm making for dinner tonight. I really hope it turns out well. The apartment smells amazing, so fingers crossed. :)

Thinking about making a bean salad as a side. I figure those two would go well together? Who knows? I'm just winging it!

image.jpg

Some rice cakes are actually pretty tasty these days.  The caramel minis are pretty good!

Yes, that is my new sugar fix replacement. Quaker Oats brand cinnamon apple with tsp of homemade vanilla yogurt ontop. It actually tastes good and 60 calories apiece

• Like 2

I declared a 'fend for yourself night'. The only rules of my declaration: Clean up your mess, no defrosting anything, extra points for cleaning leftovers out of the fridge :)

I ate an omelette with leftover mashed potatoes in it. Melted cheese on top. Its looked awful.....but tasted so yummy!

I declared a 'fend for yourself night'. The only rules of my declaration: Clean up your mess, no defrosting anything, extra points for cleaning leftovers out of the fridge :)

I ate an omelette with leftover mashed potatoes in it. Melted cheese on top. Its looked awful.....but tasted so yummy!

OK... We need  a eating healthy thread.... this thread is gonna do me in!!  lol

• Like 1

Last nights fettuccine carbonara was quite good!!!

Tonight I am having roasted turkey...

this is it 2 hours ago just before going into the oven.... It is deboned (except for the leg and wing bones ) and I stuffed it with a cranberry apple vegitable stuffing.

20140411_111344.jpg

With it...

I am having baby carrots sauteed with walnuts and orange liquor.

cauliflower and plantain mashed vegetables

cole slaw

The left overs will get turned into turkey pot pies, and or turkey croquettes.

I will cook off the bones later and make stock too.

• Like 4

Scott...where do you live? I am looking at all you recipes and I hope you live close by...because if so.....just give me a time and I will be there and I bring wine!

Not idea what I am  going to cook tonight...now I want Turkey sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Tonight is chicken and dumplings and tossed salad...one night soon will be (just found recipe)

Shrimp Boil Kebabs
from Everyday Food, June 2011

1/2 pound small new potatoes
2 small ears corn, cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds
1/2 pound andouille sausage, cut into 1 inch rounds
1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined 
1/2 stick butter, melted
4 teaspoons Tabasco
2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning

Boil the potatoes in salted water over medium-high heat for about 12-15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.   Drain and rinse under cold water.  

Thread potatoes, corn, andouille and shrimp onto skewers.  (This makes about 4 skewers.)  

Heat grill to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil the grill.  In a small bowl, combine the butter, Tabasco and Old Bay.  Grill kebabs turning and brushing with butter mixture occasionally until the shrimp are cooked through and corn in starting to char, about 8 minutes.  Serve with lemon wedges. 
  • Like 1

Last nights fettuccine carbonara was quite good!!!

Tonight I am having roasted turkey...

this is it 2 hours ago just before going into the oven.... It is deboned (except for the leg and wing bones ) and I stuffed it with a cranberry apple vegitable stuffing.

20140411_111344.jpg

With it...

I am having baby carrots sauteed with walnuts and orange liquor.

cauliflower and plantain mashed vegetables

cole slaw

The left overs will get turned into turkey pot pies, and or turkey croquettes.

I will cook off the bones later and make stock too.

I am quite jealous.  Address please.  :)