Leaving tomorrow, a Long drive, break out the sunflower seeds

Opah

Well I leave tomorrow to central California, it is a 4 plus hour drive.  Taking a shit load of sun flower seeds with me, they help with the trigger craves,

probably should take a bunch of munchies.  Still kind of torn about when to leave, I could work 6 hours and leave about 11am and get there around 3 pm ish 

or just take the day off and get there in the morning 8 am ish.  The less traffic is the better for me less frustration, less temptation, I have made notes

so far for driving urges I can

deep breath

sing at the top of my lungs

snack on something

Use Jill's Famous air cig

Make faces at the people I pass on the freeway

Dodge the bullets of the people I made faces at that are now showing me why one should not make faces at strangers on the freeway

That is about it ? did I forget any ?     yes one more NOPE PEDGE before I go and make sure I do not have anything I could smoke, no taking with just incase, no stopping and buying  I can't smoke what I don't have.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You got this opah, if you're going to be on the central coast I highly recommend stopping at Jockos in Nipomo. Great food cooked Santa Maria style :)

Good luck and doing forget your Werthers! :)

Two things I missed Werthers and pumpkins seeds,  Thank you guys.    I did take Friday off but night driving really gets to my eyes (head lights)

Better off after a good night sleep and with a good cup of coffee in hand,  beside I need to pack tonight been slow on the draw this week,  not sure if it is me or the quit be really procrastinating everything  Even this Hunt ?   :13_upside_down:

35 minutes ago, jillar said:

You got this opah, if you're going to be on the central coast I highly recommend stopping at Jockos in Nipomo. Great food cooked Santa Maria style :)

Good luck and doing forget your Werthers! :)

More in land,    Parkfield ?  not much out there but land cows and Game ! the nearest anything is 30 / 40 miles, not a place to be low on gas ! 

• Like 1

I tell myself it is poison, its not a good thing, I would be better off poking myself in the eye.  but this addiction is tricky sneaky, I so hate that I gave in to stupidity, but what is   IS and the best that I can do is get back to where I was not make the same mistake and get this monkey off of my back forver ! 

1 hour ago, Opah said:

I tell myself it is poison, its not a good thing, I would be better off poking myself in the eye.  but this addiction is tricky sneaky, I so hate that I gave in to stupidity, but what is   IS and the best that I can do is get back to where I was not make the same mistake and get this monkey off of my back forver ! 

It is all about vigilance, Opah.  I don't think the monkey ever gets off our back, really.  Addiction always lurks and we must be ever vigilant.

Glad you are not stupid anymore, glad I am not stupid anymore.

We don't smoke anymore.

Have a great trip.

• Like 2

I second what Jim said about Stockton. I went there years ago ONCE and watched, in broad daylight, a street fight in the middle of an intersection with beer bottles! Scary town!!

• Sad 1

OK if I do pass thru it,  it will be at 75 MPH with my doors locked !   thank you

Getting anxious, still got to load up my little goat tonight, hoping it doesn't rain all over my stuff.

going to be wet and cold enough hunting in the mornings and evenings, no need to have my stuff presoaked

Yep hunting on the San Andreas Fault, depending which side of the street I am hunting I could end up on Santa California island or the new beach front California,   SO COOL RIGHT !

Edited by Opah
  • Haha 1

Don't be hating on Stockton, the home of my great friend, Mindy Lou !

and (you'll thank me for this)

please read John McPhee's, Assembling California. 

Frankly, read anything written by J. McPhee.

Am I the only one who feels sad for my wild porcine sisters and brothers?

They're just out there a rootin', free and wild-ing.

I'm sorry @Sazerac I can only speak for my experience with Stockton. It's not a very safe town :(  As far as hunting the pig goes, wild pigs from my understanding are a nuisance and they are hunted as a means of population control just as deer are. I'm a total meat eater so although I don't want to see the kill or butchering of said animal, pork is my favorite meat. And deer jerky is sooooo yummy lol

5 minutes ago, jillar said:

I'm sorry @Sazerac I can only speak for my experience with Stockton. It's not a very safe town :(  As far as hunting the pig goes, wild pigs from my understanding are a nuisance and they are hunted as a means of population control just as deer are. I'm a total meat eater so although I don't want to see the kill or butchering of said animal, pork is my favorite meat. And deer jerky is sooooo yummy lol

oh, no sorry, jillar, my friend.

Stockton was fine fun for me.  Lucky, maybe...for sure has violent history and present.

I lived 10 miles up a dirt road in coastal Sonoma County. 

I know about wild pigs, only too well, they are really delicious,

breed every 18 months of 5-6 darlings

and big trouble for your fortified garden fence. 

Bambi defoliators but,  jerky yum yum.

I think I'm getting old, and changing. 

It kinda bothers me to know I kill to dine, mostly,

doesn't seem fair but, tastes so damn good !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Am I the only one who feels sad for my wild porcine sisters and brothers?

They're just out there a rootin', free and wild-ing.

Reciprocity may well have feelings about this. 

Smoking while driving was a very strong association for me,  Opah, I'm assuming you're driving by yourself.  If so (or even if not so- depending) one of the things that helped me was singing.  Loud as you can for as long as you can.  You have to breathe and it keeps your mouth occupied. 

• Like 3