Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Petra

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Petra

  1. Perhaps you have answered this elsewhere, but are you married? If so, for how long?
  2. Petra replied to Colleen's topic in Socializing
    Not a real sign, but I didn't know where else to put it. :)
  3. Petra replied to Gemzee's topic in Socializing
    I wish I would have made plans with another couple this weekend.
  4. Hotness!!!!! I'm sure people loved to hear and "see" you sing. And the all the Quit Train boys will be lovin' you even more now than they already do!
  5. Listened to the Weezer station on Pandora during my run today!! One of my favorite stations!!! Weezer, Cake, Red Hot Chili Peppers and they even threw in Rick Springfield for me today. :) Cool station!
  6. Jogged my hill route today. Went well over halfway up the hill without stopping to walk. Walked only twice and just for a couple of moments. I went at a snail's pace, but was so happy to only walk twice. Also went just a short bit further to make it to 2.0 miles. Did it in a half hour. I think it is an improvement in time, pace and distance. Was celebrating my 10 month anniversary and working to make my quit friends proud. :) Still trying to catch and share a decent photo of the hill to share with you.
  7. That is awesome,Melody!!!
  8. Do you still sing with a band? What type of music did you sing? Do you have a most favorite song to sing? How long have you been married?
  9. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Have a great time. I have been to Myrtle Beach and Charlotte on Girls' Trips. We had an AWESOME time in both places!!! :)
  10. Happy Anniversary, Action!!! Sounds like you have a fun night planned and I'm sure the earrings will be lovely!! :)
  11. Petra replied to Gemzee's topic in Socializing
    How exciting!!! Congratulations! :)
  12. Cheers from me as you take the first sip - or maybe like the 10th, since I responded after the others. :)
  13. Do you like Van Morrison? Have you ever seen him live?
  14. That is hilarious!
  15. Who is your best friend that is not your wife? Do you go out every weekend? If so, with whom do you meet?
  16. Petra replied to TAC's topic in Socializing
    Happy Birthday and hope your move goes well. See ya soon.
  17. YOU ARE AWESOME, Jenny Jen!!!! What is your favorite color? How long have you been married? Have you ever been to a strip club?
  18. Very cool pix!!! And Mrs. Sarge is so pretty!!! She does't look like a smoker. Lucky you! Thanks for sharing. :)
  19. Petra commented on Petra's blog entry in PetraD's Blog
    Sorry for the late reply. I'm still figuring out the blog thing. :)
  20. Happy 10 month anniversary to me! I wrote this in my anniversary thread and wanted to remember it forever, so I'll post it here. :) Thanks so much everyone!!! Quite honestly, this has been a tough month or two for me. The change of seasons and some personal issues have led to some major cravings. I have driven around the gas stations on more than one occasion and sat in a parking lot across the street from a pack of smokes just a few days ago. I almost totally lost it! Fortunately, I was on my way somewhere, so was able to hold myself together. I reminded myself of the words from a kind friend that smoking would do nothing for me. I reminded myself of all the nasty things that smoking does, how awful it tastes, how it burns my throat, etc, etc. I came here read. I celebrated anniversaries. I joked around. I PM'd with some very supportive friends who really helped me through a few tough days - you know who you are, Amigas! I also didn't smoke. Thank dear God for giving me that strength and to all of you for being here. I know I am a big goof sometimes, but I really am thankful to you. Thank you for starting my anniversary thread, Sarge. I love The Dance of Joy :) and I look forward to earning my stripes. I'm gonna go waddle my ass up that hill today and will dedicate my waddle to you and all of my quit friends! :)
  21. No smoking for me on my anniversary! :) TGIF Quitters!
  22. Thanks so much everyone!!! Quite honestly, this has been a tough month or two for me. The change of seasons and some personal issues have led to some major cravings. I have driven around the gas stations on more than one occasion and sat in a parking lot across the street from a pack of smokes just a few days ago. I almost totally lost it! Fortunately, I was on my way somewhere, so was able to hold myself together. I reminded myself of the words from a kind friend that smoking would do nothing for me. I reminded myself of all the nasty things that smoking does, how awful it tastes, how it burns my throat, etc, etc. I came here read. I celebrated anniversaries. I joked around. I PM'd with some very supportive friends who really helped me through a few tough days - you know who you are, Amigas! I also didn't smoke. Thank dear God for giving me that strength and to all of you for being here. I know I am a big goof sometimes, but I really am thankful to you. Thank you for starting my anniversary thread, Sarge. I love The Dance of Joy :) and I look forward to earning my stripes. I'm gonna go waddle my ass up that hill today and will dedicate my waddle to you and all of my quit friends! :)
  23. Smoking sucks. :( Sorry. We love you! Jump back on the train and never give up!
  24. Do you like to travel? If so where is your favorite place to go?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.