Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gus

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gus

  1. Congratulations on 7 years @johnny5!! 🥳🥳🥳 It’s been great having you here for your advice and support! Thank you!
  2. @KEL I honestly can see myself saying this and believing it to be a logical thought. HaHa Those days are long gone and behind me. 🙌
  3. @Kris “I am on Grandma duty.“ No grounding at Granny’s!!! Unless Granny does the grounding. LOL Not happening.
  4. They all tasted nasty. Every single one of those thousands of cigarettes. 😞
  5. Congratulations Amy!!! 🤗
  6. Gus replied to Linda's topic in Socializing
    😢I’m sorry to hear about your relatives, Linda. I’ll be praying for speedy recoveries.
  7. So true @KEL. Guarding my quit because I am keeping it!
  8. Gus replied to KEL's topic in Celebrations!
    YAY Karen! 🤗😎
  9. Sure hoping that you get to go home soon Linda. I’m sorry that you’ve had such a miserable day. 😞
  10. Happy 6 months @Katgirl! You are doing great! 🤗
  11. Congratulations on 5 @Steven Drojensky! 😎
  12. Congrats on 10 Linda! So close to the Lido deck! 🤗
  13. So true. One day the odor is bearable, almost pleasant but, the next? Pew-whee! Disgusting!
  14. Congrats on 9, Ace! 😎
  15. Congratulations on 4 @WeegieWoman!!! 😎🤗
  16. Drinking plenty of cold water and fruit juice will help get you through those craves. I only drank 100% cranberry juice the first couple of weeks because of the sugars. After that I only drank water. I couldn’t(and still can’t) handle caffeine after I quit smoking. It triggers some really bad depression and anxiety episodes for me now. And this is the only downside to my having quit smoking. I loved my coffee, Coca-Cola, and chocolate. Maybe you are the same. Cut way back on your caffeine to test it. Also, I’m a size 8. I’ve been a size 8 since my 30’s. I didn’t gain any weight while or after quitting. I maintained the same diet and exercise regimen I’ve always had. I did take quite a few short and brisk walks during the initial stage of my quit. To be clear, I used the nicotine patches to aid my quit. I have suffered from depression and anxiety almost my whole life and I knew that I could not survive a cold turkey quit. It was still a rough go. I also now know that I only have one quit in me. I don’t have another quit in me. I’ve discovered that my smoking was masking the severity of my issues. It was a long time getting my emotional state balanced but I’m there now. I will not give it back up for anything. I very rarely think of smoking now. I never want to smoke. They’re just brief ‘I used to smoke…’ thoughts. I’m soon to be 8 months quit! I never thought that I actually could quit. But I did! It wasn’t easy. It was ugly. The hardest thing I’ve ever done. It became easier when I realized I had been huddled under my blankets in the fetal position crying and having some real loop de loo conversations with myself for three days of hard withdrawal just like any other addict of any other drug. An addict. That’s me. This realization broke the chains for me. I will not allow nicotine to bind me again. Also, the more time you spend on here the easier it will be for you. The help you need is here. Read all that you can. Watch the videos. Play some games and document your quit. It will help you and others. Welcome aboard and I’m looking forward to following your quit! 🤗
  17. Gus replied to Linda's topic in Books, Movies & Music
    I just remembered that the first concert I chose to go to was Hank Williams Jr. 🤗
  18. Hi

    Gus replied to KEL's topic in Introductions & About Us
    Congratulations on your 1 month quit @KEL and I’m so glad that you’ve joined us! 🥳
  19. Gus replied to Linda's topic in Socializing
    Definitely! What a beautiful and exciting place to get married! I could hike and ride the river forever and never get tired of it. It never gets old.
  20. Gus replied to Linda's topic in Books, Movies & Music
    Billy Squire 👎 *My oldest sister took me along. ***The first concert I chose to go to and wanted to go to was REO SPEEDWAGON!
  21. Thank you @Jryan19982! It’s so awesome when the veterans get on board to let us know how they are doing. Gives us newbies hope. Someone to look up to! Wishing you well! 🤗
  22. Hey Kimberly and WELCOME ABOARD! I’m so glad that you’ve joined us. With your previous quit you know what to expect and are prepared to fight off those craves! If you feel that you are going to light up again send out an SOS. There is almost always someone on and I must say that our track record of assists is pretty amazing! I’m looking forward to following your quit. 🤗
  23. Gus replied to Linda's topic in Socializing
    Sorry. My bad @Linda! My cousin lives in Hillman and is ALWAYS talking about Flint because that is where he has to travel to take care of a lot of his business. He was fortunate enough to purchase some property outside of Hillman that they found natural gas deposits on at a later date.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.