Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gus

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gus

  1. Congrats on 7 years! So amazing! 😎
  2. Gus replied to Opah's topic in Socializing
    Happy Hunting @Opah!
  3. pat

    Gus replied to TONY's topic in Introductions & About Us
    Hi @TONY, CONGRATULATIONS and welcome aboard the QuitTrain! You have been a non smoker for two weeks! That’s awesome! You are past the worst of the physical withdrawal but that mental challenge is going to be with you for awhile and it’s going to be rough at times. Keep notes on how you get through each episode and keep them handy. You will come to rely on them. Also, read. Read everything on this site. Over and over again. It truly helps! So much advice and information. Also, there is almost always someone availability to talk with if you are needing a little assist. Looking forward to following your quit! 💪🏻
  4. Congratulations on 6 months @Kris! A whole half of a year! I remember worrying that you wouldn’t make it through the initial stage of your quit. But you did! And look at you now! Reaching out to others when you might just want someone to talk to or ham it up with. Being so open with your quit story. Helping others just by speaking up and speaking out! You are awesome and I look forward to reading your posts! I’m only 3 months ahead of you. I’m glad that we are taking this journey together. Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!! 🤗
  5. Congratulations Kenzie! 🤗
  6. Thanks everyone! I absolutely would not still be on board without you guys. I’m so very thankful for this train and for each and every one of you! 🤗
  7. Awww…thanks ladies! 🤗
  8. Welcome back Kenzie! 3 days and doing great! Stay close and SOS if you need us!
  9. Thank you @intoxicated yoda and you are welcome! I feel the same way you do about seeing the ‘little pieces of struggle’ others suffer during their initial quit. It helps so much. Being open and honest about it helps you and everyone else! It helps you know what you might experience and some ways to help get you through! This train we are on can’t be stopped! It’s powered by the best crew of quitters available!
  10. Hello @Tokiea! NOPE, NOPE, NOPE, NOPE!! It will be SO worth it if you stick with your quit! I literally thought that I was losing my mind during my initial quit. I was not fit to leave my bed. I cried and cried and cried while curled up in the fetal position with the blankets over my head for three days! I was gnashing my teeth, biting my tongue, moaning and groaning, and screaming silent screams over and over and over again. And that was on the patch!!! But I survived. I made it through! And you can too!!! Water, juice, walk, run, shut yourself off and away from society and let the ugly run it’s course, but ALWAYS stay close to the train! Do whatever you have to do to quit! It feels AMAZING! SO flipping AMAZING! I WAS a 40 year and 2 pack a day smoker! I started when I was 15. But, now? Now, I am a non smoker! Now, I don’t smoke! AND IT IS AMAZING!!! 🤗 *I’m a newbie quitter. 3 months shy come Friday of having been quit for a full year and I’m so excited about! I never thought that ‘I’ could do it. But ‘I’ did and ‘you’ can too!
  11. Gus replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    🙌 You go, girl!!! 🤗
  12. 😂😂😂 I love this one! I love them all though. 🤣
  13. Gus replied to Opah's topic in Socializing
    All great news Opah! I’m so happy for you! 🤗
  14. Awesome @Christian99 on your 20 years quit!!! 😎 A lot of what you’ve written here has helped me along with my own quit! Thank you!
  15. @Cbdave I do hope that your Christmas Holiday turns out especially well this year! Enjoy your family! ❤️ Yeah I had to look up Morten bay bugs. LOL
  16. @notsmokinjo LOL Hilarious! There are a lot of ‘well over 6 feet and 200-300lb’ nephews in my family that I would love to see Limbo! BaHaHaHa We do an egg and spoon race at Easter. 😎
  17. My family has stopped the traditional Christmas meal and every year we have a cook-off! This year it’s ribs! Nonparticipants provide the sides and desserts. There is even a trophy!
  18. ❤️❤️❤️This is awesome @Katgirl! Congratulations!
  19. Oh yes, @KEL! It’s like craving lemonade, but your body just has low vitamin C and also there are people who crave clay but their body is just low or lacking some much needed mineral. Name that crave spinach or broccoli! You can’t go wrong with that! 🤗
  20. I like to think that these ghost cravings are indicative of a repaired neuropath. The craving generates, but the pathway it was traveling on has healed and can no longer name the crave. 🌞🙌
  21. You’re fine. The buzzing will stop. My son has the same thing happen when he suffers a panic attack. Drink lots of cold water. Also, you need to get rid of any cigarettes you have access to. Toss the lighters and the ashtrays too. A nice brisk walk will also help alleviate your stress. The great thing is that if you don’t light up again you are already a non smoker…again. A lot of smokers fail on their first attempt. You are not alone on this! Try to pinpoint what your trigger was, make a note of it and try to avoid the same situation or adjust how you respond to it the next time it happens. I can tell that you are serious about quitting by the fact that you’ve reached out for help. Great going and stay close to the forum. We are here to help! 🤗
  22. This is just amazing! Congratulations! Almost a year! I bet that you are on needles and pins! 🙌
  23. Great going on the half a year quit! 👍
  24. Congratulations @AceWhite!! 😎
  25. @AceWhite I didn’t know that you played hockey! No wonder you have a kick ass quit! LOL 🤗

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.