pat

TONY

Hi and welcome. The best I can recommend (and I am sure the more seasoned folks will jump in shortly) is read everything on this site. Its critical to understand the components of addiction and how we get tricked into believing we need to smoke. There's also great ideas/suggestions about dealing with cravings, etc. It does get easier!

• Like 3

Welcome aboard @TONY, or is it Pat? Congratulations on two weeks quit already, that's awesome! These first few weeks/months can be pretty tough, but they are totally doable as we can all attst too and once you get past them you'll never have to do them again :) 

I also suggest checking out our pinned threads on the main board. Lots of good tips and clues to help you. We also have some pretty enjoyable social boards for when you want to get your mind off smoking but still stick close to your support. Reach out to us whenever you need to and definitely if you feel yourself caving to a crave so that we can talk you past it ok? :) 

• Like 3

G'day Pat and welcome. 

Just remember every quit is different and we will all have advice and support to offer but when push comes to shove the truck is simple...don't put something in your mouth and light it. 

Best tip I can offer is focus small. For me I was only quitting for 1 day....I just repeated it, for 4 years now 😀.... but just focus on 1 day at a time and they add up real quick. So 2 weeks in this is what you know...you can go 24hrs without a smoke...so each morning, wake up look at yaself in the mirror and say "Today I am quitting, I will not smoke"....then just before you go to bed, look at yaself again and say "Today I did not smoke, I quit"....and repeat. Don't worry about next week, next month, next year...just worry about today.

• Like 6

Welcome aboard Tony.  Good call on giving up the smokes.

You already have two weeks under your belt so you know how to quit.  Just keep going.

Quitting is simple.  Challenging, but simple.

• Like 5

Hello and. Welcome ...

Congratulations on your two weeks ....this deserves a pat on the back ...

Knowledge ....this will be your weapon ....out smart the beast ...

Take the time to watch the 3 Documentaries...it's a eye opener ....

Glad you found us ....you can do it ...believe in yourself ...

giphy-27.gif

• Like 4

Hi @TONY, CONGRATULATIONS and welcome aboard the QuitTrain! You have been a non smoker for two weeks! That’s awesome! You are past the worst of the physical withdrawal but that mental challenge is going to be with you for awhile and it’s going to be rough at times. Keep notes on how you get through each episode and keep them handy. You will come to rely on them. Also, read. Read everything on this site. Over and over again. It truly helps! So much advice and information. Also, there is almost always someone availability to talk with if you are needing a little assist. Looking forward to following your quit! 💪🏻

• Like 3

Hi @TONY Welcome, glad you found the site and you will glad you have.  I found it about a week in to my quit.  I am now six months in and could have not done it without the people on this site.  They have been supportive, encouraging, helpful and constant.  I can come here day or night and find someone here to help.  They (I) only want the best for you.  You are doing great but you must be prepared for what may sneak up on you.  Please go through old threads that will give you strenth and inspiration to keep going! Talk with you soon.

K

• Like 4

@GusI guess you are up early and I am up late.  If I remember correctly, you work at a school and now are at Christmas break.  That is such a gift to the people that work in education, to have a long Christmas break, at least I always thought it would be a great job to have.  I hope you and your loved ones are all well this holiday season.

K

• Like 1

@KrisYes, m’am! The long break is much needed and I’m using it wisely. Rest. Body and mind! I hope that you are enjoying the holiday season as well. I know that you don’t go out much, but I am sure that you have your traditions that bring you comfort and peace and happiness! I’ll be on here throughout the week. The train keeps me grounded and dealing with the holidays are hard for me. I’m thankful that I have 9 months of quit and all of y’all to support me through it. Have a wonderful holiday!

• Like 3

@Gus Glad you are getting a well deserved break. Yep, do still not go out much.  Holidays kinda in a holding pattern, DIL has covid, so they are in quaratine.  Son was negative a couple of days ago but now not feeling good, scratchy throat and losing his voice earlier today.  Going to get a retest today.  I am good, just want them to be good too!  Happy Holidays to you and yours!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1