Everything posted by Mee
-
Not an SOS, just saying
Hang in there Kate. You are strong enough not to give into those self-destructive thoughts. Do not feel alone. You are beautiful and we love you. There is always someone here to have your back. We are here for you!
-
A Chapter’s End
Congratulations SecondChanceSailor, Isn't it a wonderful feeling to realize we are no longer chained to the habit. Enjoy your smoke free life. We love hearing from you and hope you will hang around and encourage others. Sharing your journey always helps others.
-
Kris is Three Months Smoke Free Today!!!
-
Justins Intro - Quit date Sept 7, 2021
Welcome @JustinHoot99. Glad you have decided to quit smoking. You have a good start on quitting but you truly have to stay away from the cigarettes on your own. Smoking has been your pattern for 40 years and it is going to take a while to retrain your thoughts to avoid the cravings. You can do it. I smoked for 42 years and have been quit for three now. Stay close to the forum, educate yourself and get to know us. We are here to support you on your journey.
-
This is going to be tough.
Well thank goodness you realize now that you have to quit. Many of us smoked for way too many years before we finally realized the need to quit. I am not familiar with what you are smoking but anything unnatural that goes into your lungs is not good. The toughest part of quitting is the withdrawal but fortunately it only takes a couple of days to get it out of your system. Stay close to the forum, educate yourself and get to know us. We are here to support you on your quitting journey.
-
Mee is Three Years Smoke Free Today!!!!
OMG, I can't believe it has been 3 years. The struggle to quit seemed like it was yesterday. I am out enjoying life and spending that extra money that has accumulated. My husband has me camping in the wild. The internet is very limited. I will be back in a few days cheering on all those new quitters. You can take control of your life and live it smoke free. I never thought I could give up smoking but here I am 3 years smoke free! Thanks so much for all the congrats.
-
Damm virus
You've got it now Robbie! Your not allowing smoking to control your life anymore. Getting that first shot is so relieving and worth the small discomfort.
-
I'm Stepping Of The Train !!!!!
Have a wonderful, safe and fun trip Doreen. Please bring back pictures of those lads in skirts!
-
Not an SOS but!!!
You are doing great Linda. You keep pushing through those craves. Someone has to be the responsible adult. They are the one that make the world run more smoothly. Take pride in knowing that you always do what is best, even if it is the tough road!
-
Happy Independence day
Though we dread the holiday because our dogs are petrified of the fireworks, we celebrate the meaning of this holiday.
-
New here, but not new to quitting smoking
Welcome Patricia. Glad you have found us. I am sure you will be able to get around on the forum in no time. I'm hoping you still have you wonderful quit going and look forward to getting to know you.
-
Depressed (seriously), dopamine boosted by nicotine, alcohol--conflicted
Kate, I can't believe there is not an alternative medicine that would help. I think it would only add to your depression to go back to smoking. If this doctor can't help, I would look for another. Join a support group, check with the National Association on Mental Illness (NAMI). When you join a group, it is an instant connection to others who might be able to share information. Don't ever give up and don't give into the temptations of this addiction.
-
True SOS-wanting to go and buy cigarettes
Oh Kate, don't give in. You are so worth not smoking that cigarette. When we are down, we go into self destruction mode and not feeling that we are worthy of anything. Listen to uplifting music, watch a funny movie or read a good book. Call your children if it helps. You have accomplished so much this past year. What a feat it is to quit smoking. I do not know where you are reading that alcohol is a mood booster. The short high you get from both brings you down so quick. Hang in there and reach out if you need. You can get through this.
-
Tough day
Just keep playing it Linda. We are here to listen. You are so much stronger than the crave. Just keep pushing forward. Life never gets any easier but you will become stronger every day and find that you are better able to cope with smoking.
-
"And now for something completely different"
Well you have a friend here. You sound like me and love reading about the old stars. Another favorite of mine was Susan Hayward. Did you ever see Back Street. It was a real tear jerker love story. I also loved the singing and dancing movies. Of course Singing in the Rain and Gene Kelly were favorites. My husband's favorite was White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. We definitely have to keep this thread going and talk about different movies.
-
Help jumping on the train
Welcome Anne E. There is always someone tuning in at all times. I think jillar never sleeps and is a wonderful listener. Glad you decided to quit and have found us. This is a great place for help and support quitting. Hang around and get to know us all.
-
Need to start a thread
Congrats on your very first thread d2e8b8. You have now boldly gone where others have been itching to go!
-
80 days free!
-
"And now for something completely different"
Have you ever seen The Long Long trailer with Lucille Ball? My husband and I love that movie. It is so funny. Have you ever watched the Danny Kaye movies. We love those too. My favorite movie with Danny Kaye is the Five Pennies. They seemed to have so much fun making the old movies. I suppose I could go on forever. I am definitely an older movie buff.
-
"And now for something completely different"
@Boo and @Kris I love the old westerns also. How about Cat Balloo with Jane Fonda and Lee Marvin or McClintok with John Wayne and Maureen Ohara. Those two were always great together. It is not just the older westerns that are good. I love the older movies period! Most of the newer movies leave you feeling blah.
-
Introduction: Back to patch after 2 1/2 months nicotine free
Welcome Julie. 2 and 1/2 months quit is awesome. I am shocked your doctor did not prescribe something to lift your mood. He could have added a medication or changed your meds. There are all different kinds of medications that work on different parts of the brain but help with depression. I also had a hard time with depression in the beginning of my quit. I can say it does improve further into your quit. Stay close to the forum and keep yourself busy.
-
I will learn how it works
I love the friendships I have made here. The humor here kept me laughing through my quit. It is also so interesting communicating with people from around the world. You are doing great Kris. Keep talking away. We love learning about you.
-
What are you doing to stop the crave.
@Kris I am a crafter. I would immerse myself in crafting and it helped take my mind off smoking. Maybe you could bake and share it with your neighbors. How was you hip replacement? Was it painful getting done. My husband had both his knees replaced this past year. One in October and one in February. His knees were so bad, he gained 2 inches because his legs bowed so much. I always worried he ruined his hips the way he was walking the last years of work. He had to wait till he retired until he could get them done and he did a physical job.
-
A thanks to the funny guys!
Thank goodness I am a slow bear. Most times I have to ask my husband or kids to explain it to me. 🤪 However, I do love the stick of the day.
-
Heat wave !
All my dogs are pansies and afraid of thunder. They all want mommies lap. What is worse is the 4th of July, when we have the fireworks. I have not found a brave golden retriever yet. My last two had to be tranquillized on the 4th of July.