I will learn how it works

Kris

New questions. I have been notified that I am now an enthusiast (I think I just talk too much) I an  not enthusiastic about this at all but I am very proud that I am doing it.  I also see that I have won the day (again, I talk too much).   Never put a drink and a cigarette in my hand or you will live to regret it.

I have not had this much interaction with anyone in years and it has renewed my faith, 

K

• Like 4

Lol, you don't talk too much! Participating in the forums helps keep your mind busy on other things besides smoking, at least it did me😊

The Enthusiast is part of our new ranks, again to encourage participating. Plus a couple of us @d2e8b8 and I, among others, have a race going to see who can get them all first,😂 You're welcome to join in the fun. No prizes other then bragging rights though 😄

Oh and if you go to your profile you can click on the box that says you won the day and it'll bring up the leader board for that day.  You can also click on the badges and see all that you've earned as well as the various rankings 😊

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Kris said:

I have not had this much interaction with anyone in years and it has renewed my faith, 

I love the friendships I have made here.  The humor here kept me laughing through my quit.  It is also so interesting communicating with people from around the world.  You are doing great Kris.  Keep talking away.  We love learning about you.  

Edited by Mee
  • Like 5

Here are some ideas - each need to be in a different forum.

New thread - Going for a walk.  Invite people to post here before going for a walk.  Post temp, humidity, are you looking forward or dreading ....

New thread - Back from the walk.  Share walk experience.  Did you meet an aggressive dog or cute guy/chick.

New thread - Going to washroom.  Is it occupied and do you have to wait?  What is your condition while waiting.  What caused the ....you know ...pressure.

New thread - Bristol Chart analysis.

.... you get the idea.  C'mon bunny, let's go!

• Haha 3

@d2e8b8, isn't that what the "What are you doing thread" is for? You know as a mod making all those threads in different forums will just make more work for me moving them where they need to be. Oh wait a minute......maybe there's a badge for that 🤔😆

• Haha 3

Haha, would you believe it?  I just got promoted to ..... drum roll ... Conversation Starter.  

And all I had to do was write a post that contained a number of correct keywords (new thread).

Edit: No fair - got the notification but it's not showing.  

More Edit: Oh, it's a badge and not a rank - didn't know we had 2 things going.  @jillar you were right about a game within a game.

Edited by d2e8b8
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, d2e8b8 said:

Haha, would you believe it?  I just got promoted to ..... drum roll ... Conversation Starter.  

And all I had to do was write a post that contained a number of correct keywords (new thread).

Edit: No fair - got the notification but it's not showing.  

More Edit: Oh, it's a badge and not a rank - didn't know we had 2 things going.  @jillar you were right about a game within a game.

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Okay guys, you have me totally confused now. I know what you mean, kinda.

I now know what the phrase watching the tail means, I thought if might be something weird and I was not about to ask. I was concerned about putting things in the wrong place but did not realize that someone had to go fix it

I also know what one of the funny guys meant by "I don't need no stinking badges" Yes, I know that there is some kind of quote thing.....one I still have learn.

I won't start a new thread but I did go for a walk to deliver the bread I made today. Wait for it....the neighbors were not home so I have 2 loafs of fresh, tasty English Muffin Bread, just what I need hanging around.

K

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Lol You peeps crack me up ...

I'm asking myself ....Do i really need to go to bed ...or shall I post all night ...

The competition is too much ....

tenor-4.gif

@Doreensfree I think I will forever see your handle and visualize this expression.

• Haha 2

Dear Abby,

I am still confused about the "stinking badges"  and I am more than happy to let  Jillar and Doreen to keep on keeping on with their thing.  I can confirm that D2 is good at conversation and I did get my bread to the neighbors today.  I will try to stay up all night and play if you three want to but I have an early morning  visit to the doctor.  Are ya'll just funning me? If you are I will torture you when I learn the rules.

K

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Okay, I really should be asleep but alas someone slipped toothpicks in my eyes and I can't get them out.  Might as well type.

K

Edited by Kris
bad (tired) typist
  • Haha 1

Stinkin badges. Comes from a humphrey bogart movie something called Sierra madra or close to that.   there is a scene where bogart and his buds are surrounded by these guys who claim to be federalies,  so bogart asks them where are your badges    and in a deep mexican accent  the reply,,,,"Badges!!!  we dont need no stinkin badges!!!"    gun fight ensues. A got to see movie

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, StevenHere said:

Stinkin badges. Comes from a humphrey bogart movie something called Sierra madra or close to that.   there is a scene where bogart and his buds are surrounded by these guys who claim to be federalies,  so bogart asks them where are your badges    and in a deep mexican accent  the reply,,,,"Badges!!!  we dont need no stinkin badges!!!"    gun fight ensues. A got to see movie

Thanks for this, I knew the line but had no idea where it came from. I will save this to my trivia folder for future reference.  I am sure everyone here> appreciates your research.

Kris

• Like 1