Not an SOS but!!!

Linda

Really struggling today Have some personal decisions to make, that I'm not sure how to handle.

I know smoking will not make them any easier, but my nicotine monster is really screaming  one won't hurt!!!

I know that is a lie been there done that I know where that will go. Sometimes I hate being the responsible

adult. I just need to decide what I really want and my choice is not an easy one. Thanks again!! I am the official

RANTER  on this sight. Is there a badge for that?? 🤔🤔😒 lol

Edited by Linda
Spelling
  • Like 2

I'm sorry you're having a hard time 😞Rant as much as you need to to keep that awesome quit of yours @Linda. And if you need the boards advice on anything, or even just an ear, we're here for you🤗 

Edited by jillar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Linda,

I  feel for you.  It can be very difficult when you and only you can make the decision.  The stress can drive you crazy and I to would want to smoke. You are doing so well, don't do it.  I am only 3 weeks in.  I am lucky I have not had any big decisions to make or I might have smoked.  If you can take more time to think about it you will be more at ease coming to the decision.

K

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jillar said:

I'm sorry you're having a hard time 😞Rant as much as you need to to keep that awesome quit of yours @Linda. And if you need the boards advice on anything, or even just an ear, we're here for you🤗 

Thanks @jillar you all have been there many times for me

• Like 1

Ya your right Linda ....smoking won't help or change anything ....

It's your junkie mind trying to trick you ....

You will solve your problems much better ,if you don't add nicotine withdrawal in the mix ....

Sorry your going through a tough time ...but remember even Non smokers have some tough life problems .

Your doing the right thing ...coming here and sharing ...

When this bad time passes ...and it will....you'll be glad you still have your wonderful Quit .🐸

• Like 3

Hang tough in there Linda. You have come so far to let go now. all will be better shortly and you will still have the quit. Better times are ahead. Try to think positive and I know that is easier said than done from my own situation. I tell myself most everyday to look for that silver lining and it is not always that simple but hang in there. It is worth it. best wishes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, garry mhudson said:

Hang tough in there Linda. You have come so far to let go now. all will be better shortly and you will still have the quit. Better times are ahead. Try to think positive and I know that is easier said than done from my own situation. I tell myself most everyday to look for that silver lining and it is not always that simple but hang in there. It is worth it. best wishes.

Thanks @garry mhudson Sometimes it is hard to be positive I try to most of the time, but I think can anything be simple!!

• Like 2

You are doing great Linda.  You keep pushing through those craves.  Someone has to be the responsible adult.  They are the one that make the world run more smoothly.  Take pride in knowing that you always do what is best, even if it is the tough road!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mee said:

You are doing great Linda.  You keep pushing through those craves.  Someone has to be the responsible adult.  They are the one that make the world run more smoothly.  Take pride in knowing that you always do what is best, even if it is the tough road!

@Meethank you,but sometimes my best is not enough!!

@Linda, you do deserve a badge.  Not for ranting but a couple of other reasons.

- For posting here first

- And your quit being stronger than your trigger so you were able to say 'Not an SOS' - that's so awesome.

You're doing really well,  Every time you face these triggers and overcome them, your muscles to overcome triggers become stronger.

When I had newly quit, I used to follow the quit journals of quitters ahead of me and it was very inspiring and learning to be able to follow their journey, especially people who quit just before you and after you.  I had mine too (on a different site).  I don't see too many quit journals here - perhaps something to consider.  The closeness and bonds you form with the shared experiences is very real - it is one of THE hardest things we will do in our lives and the people you do it with always remain special.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, d2e8b8 said:

@Linda, you do deserve a badge.  Not for ranting but a couple of other reasons.

- For posting here first

- And your quit being stronger than your trigger so you were able to say 'Not an SOS' - that's so awesome.

You're doing really well,  Every time you face these triggers and overcome them, your muscles to overcome triggers become stronger.

When I had newly quit, I used to follow the quit journals of quitters ahead of me and it was very inspiring and learning to be able to follow their journey, especially people who quit just before you and after you.  I had mine too (on a different site).  I don't see too many quit journals here - perhaps something to consider.  The closeness and bonds you form with the shared experiences is very real - it is one of THE hardest things we will do in our lives and the people you do it with always remain special.

@d2e8b8 Thank you for the kind words!!! It is true I have made many dear friends here!!

• Like 3

I just saw this . Hope you made it over the hump .

Making a decision while smoking a cigarette , feeling ill , 🍹 drinking  , angry , sad etc is not the best time to make decisions . I've heard it said to give yourself a couple of choices then give yourself a limited time to choose one so you aren't stressed all day and then stick with the decision you made and follow through . In other words make it and let it go . Don't doubt go with the flow . 

We smoke mainly as part of a reaction to something . Your thoughts are turning to smoking as being a solution , , smoking isn't the solution , its a cry for relief , cry for the answer , or a cry because of uncertainty . 

Decision making is not a strong point for many of us myself included but if you make a constant , committed and firm decision not to smoke then you can make a decision in other things as well . It gets easier too .

Not smoking is always a good decision . Will you or I always make the right decision in other circumstances maybe not but from each one we learn and in most cases everything really does turn out for good . 

Good job @Linda deciding to post , not smoke . 

Edited by Abby
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1