Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jillar

Moderators
  • Joined

Everything posted by jillar

  1. jillar commented on richard's blog entry in richard
    Hi Richard, glad you're feeling a bit better today. And please take some comfort in knowing that what you are going through is completely normal for where you are in your quit. A lot of members have also found that once they were further along in their quit their anxiety actually lessened and the attacks were fewer and farther between. l Hopefully this will be true for you as well. You also talked about hoping that once you feel better you wouldn't cave to a crave. One thing I did was each month on my monthaversary I would read my threads from the beginning just to remind myself of how brutal my first few months were and to not forget where I came from! I highly recommend doing that
  2. jillar replied to richard's topic in The Daily NOPE Pledge
    You're doing awesome Richard
  3. I could kick your ass @Whispers, you scared me! But that looks yummy! It's boiling hot here today so it's pizza for us tonight
  4. jillar replied to richard's topic in The Daily NOPE Pledge
    You guys are doing great!
  5. Congratulations Linda, what a great pic of you two
  6. Well I don't know about Linda but I think it sounds very relaxing so go for it
  7. What a dummy lol. I'm surprised that the smoke alarm went off in the bathroom since its vapor!
  8. Hi George, it's nice to formally meet you I'm sorry about your wife, I don't think there's too many people on here who hasn't been affected by smoking related cancer. I lost both my dad and uncle (his brother) to cancer caused by smoking. I'm glad your feeling more energized too. When I quit I didn't feel like doing anything and would have loved to have more energy. I know you said you're not really counting the days quit but if you take a look at most of our signatures you'll see a quit ticker that counts the days quit, money saved and cigarettes not smoked since you quit. It's super motivating and really an eye opener. Plus it's something you can look at if you feel yourself caving to a crave and see how much you'll be giving up. If you want to make yourself one there's a tab at the top of the page
  9. jillar replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Don't feed me a bunch of crap
  10. What a fun time we're having and it's only day 1!!!
  11. That would be awesome Linda!
  12. Welcome back Michelle, you can do this so stick close and use us to help you past the hard times
  13. @Linda Thomas I haven't been to Florida in four years now so no, I don't see her often. And yes, I'm very lucky to have my California mom and dad in my life
  14. Just very, very good friends. I feel closer to her than my actual mom because she's here and my mom is in Florida and her hubby was my hubby's best man at our wedding
  15. Waiting for my California mom and dad to pick me up to go to the Post and have a couple beers...……….
  16. So frucking irritating. Hubby's been seeing those Publishers Clearing House commercials and bugging me about entering even though I had told him that years ago I did that every chance I got only to be "warned" that if I didn't order something that equates to shopping at the 99 cent store they weren't going to send me any more sweepstakes entry chances. SO I reluctantly entered and now every frucking day I wake up to at least 6 emails from them to enter this, that and the frucking other. Search this, frontpage that, oh we see you haven't bought anything yet. UGH OF COURSE I HAVEN'T BOUGHT ANYTHING,, we have a dollar store HERE! What's the purpose of saying a purchase doesn't increase your chances of winning if you won't quit harping on me to make a damn purchase?!
  17. Welcome FunkyFunJo and congrats on taking back your life Everything you're dealing with is totally normal and will subside with time. I used my gassy days as payback to a really gassy husband of mine lol. We had the funniest thread on another board about gas that I so wish was here now so you could see just how common it is. The anger and depression are normal too and will also get better with time. If it gets too bad though I'm sure you could speak to your dr about it and maybe get a temporary med to help you past it. As far as eating healthy, that's always good but in the early days of your quit you may find you're craving more sweets and junk food. Go ahead and listen to your body. It knows what it needs to help mend the damage done by smoking.
  18. Hi Richard, congratulations on 18 days quit already. You're doing great! You've been given great advice above so I can't add much more than to say to stick close your first few weeks/months. We recommend taking the One Year Pledge to help you past all the first year triggers. It's pinned to the top of the main board if you want to check it out We have lots of stuff here to keep you busy and your mind off cigs. There's great posts to read and a wonderful socializing section to really help keep your mind occupied. So be sure to check out all our various boards.
  19. Just passed @BAT on the road so looks like he'll be joining us this weekend too
  20. jillar replied to Sazerac's topic in Games
    Steal my peanuts. If only
  21. jillar replied to beazel's topic in Games
    Don't talk back to me
  22. It's kinda short notice but what the heck, we're on our way....
  23. Doesn't your mind think it's 25 like mine does but my body reminds it otherwise?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.